Women's Health Program Manager
Job Title: Women’s Health Program Manager
Reports To: Nursing Program Manager
Job Summary: Develop, facilitate, and implement women’s health initiatives and programs. Provide strategic and tactical guidance to staff and teams to ensure that all women’s health programs deliver the desirable outcomes.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The job duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties that fall within the broad scope of this classification may be assigned.
- Program Specific Projects
- Responsible for developing and managing the Prenatal Care, Title X, and Well Woman Health Check Programs to include direct supervision of program staff, budgets, resource allocation, information distribution, policies and procedures, meeting facilitation, and overall performance reporting.
- Manage day to day operational aspects of programs and related projects.
- Writes program funding proposals to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of services.
- Implements and manages changes and interventions to ensure grant and program goals are achieved.
- Develop and implement new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Communicate tasks, timelines, goals, and other necessary updates to staff involved in programs.
- Meets with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services.
- Reporting & Evaluation
- Ensures customer satisfaction, safety, quality, and team member performance while aiming to ensure grant deliverables are met.
- Ensures that assigned grants and programs meet all deliverables and reporting requirements.
- Develops an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Track metrics and other key performance indicators to measure project and deliverable success.
- Conducts regular evaluation of program effectiveness and success.
- Utilize and prepare data to inform decisions that impact future direction of program.
- Develop and control deadlines, budgets, and activities.
Minimum Qualifications - Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Degree from an accredited nursing program to include current Unrestricted Arizona State Nursing RN license
- Or Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare related field, master’s degree preferred (public health, health care administration, nonprofit management, business, social work or related).
- Experience in women and/or maternal health preferred.
- Proven experience as a Program Manager or other managerial position.
- Driver's License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement.
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a current Arizona driver's license to qualify for coverage under company insurance.
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
Required Language Skills:
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to accurately comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence, and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Ability to speak in Spanish not required but preferred.
- Ability to occasionally exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to occasionally move about inside the workplace to access files, office machinery, etc.
- Ability to traverse short distances indoors and outdoors between work sites.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone, and other office machinery.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to gather data in an organized fashion from varied sources.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments with little or no direct supervision.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Displays sound and accurate judgment and ability to make timely decisions.
- Knowledge of health plans and community health centers preferred.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Corporate Compliance rules and regulations.
- Computer literacy preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- Working knowledge of program/project management software (Basecamp, MS Project etc.) is a strong advantage.
- Proficiency in NextGen software preferred.
- Thorough understanding of project/program and quality management techniques and methods.
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation and change management principles
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is typical of an administrative office setting with no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
- Work environment is frequently typical of a health clinic setting with occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, and hazardous chemicals.
- Work requires frequent travel and flexible hours so that early morning, evenings, and weekends are accommodated.
Job Status: Full Time