Women's Health Case Manager
Job Title: Case Manager - Women's Health
Reports To: Women’s Health Program Supervisor-Sierra Vista Family Health Center
Job Summary: Screens eligible women for breast and cervical cancer and assists women with abnormal results to receive follow-up care.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted and/or applied in any way as necessary. Maintaining regular and punctual attendance is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
- Facilitates and/or performs breast and cervical cancer screenings.
- Collaborates with clinical and provider staff to increase breast and cervical cancer screening and services for eligible women.
- Tracks, notifies and follows up on all abnormal results of breast and cervical cancer screenings by reviewing Well Woman Health Check forms.
- Performs outreach and educational activities at sites throughout the community to facilitate breast and cervical cancer screenings of all eligible women and to bring awareness of program to potential clients and partnering agencies.
- Assists patients in scheduling appointments and overcoming barriers to care.
- Assists Women's Health Program Supervisor with monitoring the completion of data requirements and periodic reporting requirements for all Well Woman clients.
- Assists patients to complete Breast/Cervical Cancer Treatment Program (BCCTP) applications.
- Assists enrollees with Patient Navigation.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- High School diploma or GED.
- At least two years of experience in a health related or social service field.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills and sensitivity.
- CPR certification required.
- ACA enrollment specialist training required.
- Driver's License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement.
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence and communications in English and Spanish in both oral and written format.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is required.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, internal providers and staff and other agency staff working in cooperation with the organization.
Job Status: Full Time