Vaccine Program Manager
Job Title: Vaccine Program Manager
Reports To: Manager of Public Health Program
Job Summary: Manages Vaccine Program for Chiricahua Community Health Centers (CCHCI). Supervises and directs Immunization Specialists.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The job duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties that fall within the broad scope of this classification may be assigned.
- Provides Vaccine Program Development, Management & Training
- Supervises Immunization Specialists, to include hiring, training, evaluating, and conducting disciplinary actions and other personnel actions as required.
- Oversees and manages all aspects of CCHCI Vaccine Programs.
- Facilitates vaccine inventory control at all health centers and clinics.
- Ensures program and medical support staff operate in compliance with policies, procedures, federal and state laws, as well as CDC and federal VFA/VFC program guidelines.
- Develops protocols and/or policies and procedures and standing orders for the medical support staff regarding operations and management of vaccine programs.
- Develops and updates Medical Support Staff (MSS) workflow concerning vaccine management and administration.
- Reviews and updates all immunization forms regularly ensuring they meet Federal and State regulatory requirements.
- Conducts regular center audits to ensure immunization management initiatives are of good quality and that center standards are met by adhering to requirements of governing agencies.
- Produces immunization operational reports and conducts monthly quality assurance audits of medical support staff regarding immunization administration and documentation.
- Provides staff orientation and ongoing education for Vaccine Program.
- Develops and implements educational materials and training.
- Completes various related special projects, which may require reviewing and analyzing information, identifying problems, recommending solutions, auditing, and writing reports.
- Monitor’s productivity of Immunization Specialists and works with informatics to produce dashboard reports by staff for review.
- Provides input and supports implementation of Clinical Quality, Meaningful Use, Patient Centered Medical Home, and other health center initiatives.
- Engages in strategic planning activities and implements strategic decisions to achieve vaccine quality measure goals.
- Attends and participates in CQIs, and other staff meetings as needed.
- Educates and ensures staff understanding and compliance of CCHCI policies, procedures and standing orders.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- Current Unrestricted Arizona State Nursing license (LPN or RN) required.
- At least one years’ experience working as LPN or RN.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills may be considered.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required.
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card required.
- Driver's License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement.
- BSN or MSN in Nursing preferred.
- Supervisory or other leadership experience preferred.
- One year experience working as BSN or MSN preferred.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence, and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, internal providers and staff and other agency staff working in cooperation with the organization.
- Ability to frequently exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to constantly move about inside the workplace to assist patients, operate office or medical equipment, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone, other office machinery, and medical equipment.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
- Possesses range of body motion and ability to exert enough force to lift and move adult and pediatric patients.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to perform medical math that may include the use of ratio/proportion, dosage calculation, metric and household equivalents, roman numerals, abbreviations, and general math including percentages, etc.
- Ability to skillfully gather and analyze data.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments with little or no direct supervision.
- Ability to resolve challenges and work under pressure.
- Knowledge of health plans and community health centers preferred.
- Knowledge of the responsibilities associated with the VFC program, the reporting requirements with the State of Arizona, and CCHCI protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Corporate Compliance rules and regulations.
- Computer literacy required.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to build effective teams.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is typical of a health clinic setting with occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, and hazardous chemicals.
- Work occasionally involves use of needles and other medical equipment with proximity to electrical current, and exposure to moving mechanical parts and some hazardous chemicals.
- Work requires reliable transportation as position requires frequent travel and extended hours to include early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
Job Status: Full Time