Chiricahua Community Health Centers, Inc.
Job Title: Triage Nurse
Reports To: Nursing Care Management Supervisor
Job Summary: Assists call center staff with triage calls, flagging and/or notifying providers of all urgent abnormal diagnostics and/or critical lab results and assists in population health management.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted and/or applied in any way as necessary. Maintaining regular and punctual attendance is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
- Conducts telephone triage, screening a patient’s symptoms for urgency and advises the patient when to seek medical attention, based on the severity of the problem described.
- Asks specific questions per established policies, procedures and protocols, providing validity and reliability to the disposition that will assist the patient to make an informed decision about their health care.
- Notifies physician in a timely manner, as appropriate, regarding unusual or unexpected events/problems requiring direct physician consultation or intervention.
- Flags abnormal diagnostic imaging or lab results to bring them to the attention of the clinician to ensure timely follow-up with the patient/family/caregiver.
- Takes critical test results such as labs and diagnostics phone calls from outside facilities and brings them to the attention of the clinician.
- Assists providers and care team to meet population health goals and chronic disease management by utilizing standing orders.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Degree from an accredited nursing program.
- Current Unrestricted Arizona State Nursing RN license.
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required.
- Experience in a clinical setting preferred.
- Driver's License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, internal providers and staff and other agency staff working in cooperation with the organization.
- Ability to frequently exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to constantly move about inside the work place to assist patients, operate office or medical equipment, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone, other office machinery, and medical equipment.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
Possesses range of body motion and ability to exert enough force to lift and move adult and pediatric patients.
Location: Call Center Douglas, AZ
1127 F Avenue Douglas, AZ 85607
Job Status: Full Time