Telehealth Program Coordinator
Job Title: Telehealth Program Coordinator
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Job Summary: Telehealth services are additional modalities that providers can utilize to deliver the most appropriate level of care to patients. This position will assist in the overall management and growth of Chiricahua Community Health Centers telehealth services. This will include provider-to-provider services, patient care services, as well as potentially other innovative services.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The job duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties that fall within the broad scope of this classification may be assigned.
- Works with internal and external stakeholders and partners to promote awareness, integration, and utilization of telehealth services for improved access to care.
- Works closely with providers to conceptualize and develop clinical applications and solve discrepancies around coding related to telehealth and other issues as needed.
- Develop, manage, and coordinate clinical efforts within the organization by assisting in the resolution of problems as well as uncovering possible opportunities.
- Develop telehealth applications, processes, procedures, guidelines, and training protocols to implement services that will improve quality, efficiency, and satisfaction of care.
- Develop standardization of work and delivery of telehealth service between all sites and across all service types/modalities; develops consistent models that can be implemented in various clinical settings.
- Perform resource analysis and projections for utilization of telehealth services.
- Develop and measure key performance indicators for use in developing project plans for implementing improvements and monitoring new processes.
- Develop and direct the collection, analysis, maintenance and reporting of statistical data to identify, diagnose, and correct problems/factors affecting performance, to track utilization, and other needs.
- Remain current on reimbursement practices pertaining to telehealth to assist in billing processes.
- Continually identifies new opportunities for utilization of telehealth services and work with leadership and community partners to implement strategic initiatives.
- Utilize LEAN practices to assure all telehealth services provided result in efficient patient and clinic flow.
- Work with Public Relations Department to develop new marketing materials for telehealth services.
- Work with Compliance and Risk Management to assure accurate and relevant policies are in place.
- Work with clinical sites and IT Department to assure all technical requirements for telehealth are met and sustained.
- Serve on grant fund related committees.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Maintains effective communication and awareness by consulting with workgroups, alliances, associations, affiliates, and department directors to discuss telemedicine needs and directions.
- Creates presentations regarding telemedicine for staff, grant funders, and community partners.
- Collaborate effectively and efficiently with various operational support departments to ensure service excellence, quality care and patient safety.
- Troubleshoot user issues.
- Represent the organization’s mission and vision in the community through both written and oral communication, membership on various health-related committees and organizations and professional presentations.
Minimum Qualifications - Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare, management, business, or related field.
- Experience working in a clinical setting with technicians, nurses, and physicians.
- Equivalent experience and education will be considered.
- Driver’s License and proof of insurance may be required.
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card required.
- Master’s degree in healthcare, management, business, or related field.
- Experience with Federally Qualified Health Center.
- Certification(s) in Project Management, Lean Six Sigma, or other relevant to health center operations.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to positively represent telemedicine to external organizations and participants.
- Ability to communicate effectively with physicians and clinical staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to gather data in an organized fashion from varied sources.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments and make decisions requiring independent judgment.
- Ability to foresee and address challenges involving one or more variables in routine situations.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment and provide excellent customer service via telephone, mail, and in-person.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently, meet deadlines and work independently.
- Experience in workflow optimization.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence, and communications in both oral and written format.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Ability to occasionally exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to occasionally move about inside the workplace to access files, office machinery, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone, and other office machinery.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is typical of an administrative office setting with no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Job Status: Full Time