Substance Abuse & Mental Health Coordinator
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted and/or applied in any way as necessary. Maintaining regular and punctual attendance is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assists Program Manager in coordination between the mental health counseling program and the integrated behavioral health program.
- Assists in coordination of case managers who will be providing coverage to mental health and substance abuse patients in need of community resources.
- Assists clients with MAT program and getting services coordinated between medical provider and counseling staff.
- Provides oversight of development and implementation of MAT program policies and procedures between medical center and community mental health agency.
- Assists in coordination between community mental health providers and insurance companies to ensure patients are getting the services they need in the community and through CCHCI.
- Monitors clients and provides referrals for obtaining appropriate health and human services as needed.
- Applies strengths-based and trauma-informed approach to work collaboratively with clients and internal and external team members to help support clients in their treatment and recovery.
- Implements motivational interviewing techniques to engage client in decision-making process and help them understand the benefits of assessment and accessing the appropriate level of care.
- Provides coordination and oversight to mobile outreach and home visitation program, to include assistance in development of policies, procedures and work flow design.
- Collaborates with existing community resources to address environmental factors that impact the onset or recurrence of substance abuse disorders, with a focus on opioid use disorders.
- Enhances education for patients, families, communities and personnel to support patient engagement and self-management including medical conditions that often co-occur with mental health and substance use disorders.
- Provides assistance and resources to medical providers for treatment and recovery of identified patients.
- Follows up with clients within 7 days of referral, to ensure client follow-through with referral, and to assess process and client’s satisfaction with adjusting to program.
- Assists case managers with information and services that are in common with CCHCI and community outreach programs.
- Participates in all assigned meetings, staff development, and training as required.
- Ensures grant terms and agreements are met to increase services provided to mental health and substance abuse patients in the community.
- Assists with tracking and reporting of new clients who are receiving services.
- Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in mental health or substance abuse degree.
- Case manager experience related to substance abuse and related disorders.
- One to two years of experience with patient/client care in a behavioral health setting strongly preferred.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills and sensitivity.
- Driver's License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement.
Job Status: Full Time