Senior Project Manager
Job Title: Senior Project Manager
Reports To: Chief Clinical Information Officer
Job Summary: This position reviews, manages, facilitates, and/or analyzes CCIO special projects and strategic initiatives.
Qualifications and Requirements:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Job duties may be modified at any time based on business needs.
Essential Job Duties:
Senior Project Manager:
- Works in a matrixed environment, Under the direction of the Chief Clinical Information Officer (CCIO), to develop, facilitate, and evaluate new and existing programs, projects, initiatives, and strategic purchases to broaden capabilities of teams such as Quality, Safety, Risk/Compliance, Informatics and IT, all while ensuring alignment with Chiricahua’s strategic mission and objectives.
- Participates in and facilitates departmental strategic planning.
- Manages engagement and expectations of organizational-wide project stakeholders and assists with project management, planning, tracking, communication, collaborative tools, resources, and templates to ensure assigned project goals/milestones/deadlines are met.
- Manages issues and risks throughout project lifecycle and escalate to CCIO and/or other departmental leaders, as needed.
- Adjusts schedules and targets on projects as needs or financing for project change- in collaboration with CCIO/Project Sponsor.
- Manages assigned quality improvement projects in line with departmental goals and objectives by coordinating necessary meetings, keeping all staff up to date on program needs, and reporting to program leads on a regular basis.
- Collaborates with leadership, management, and internal teams to implement and evaluate improvements.
- Facilitates, coordinates, and/or assists in projects around regulatory programs (e.g. HRSA, HIPAA, JCAHO) and compliance activities as assigned.
- Assists in writing policies and procedures.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business, Finance, and/or Public Health or related field required.
- 2 years of leadership/management experience required.
- Certified Associate of Project Management (CAPM) - PMI®
- Green Belt Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Previous team supervisory and project management experience required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Understanding of healthcare operations and processes.
- Driver's License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement.
Preferred Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Master’s Degree or higher in Healthcare Administration, Business, Finance, and/or Public Health or related field
- Experience in an FQHC environment preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) - PMI®
- Black Belt Lean Six Sigma Certification
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence, and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to organization employees, providers and outside agency personnel working in cooperation with the organization.
- Ability to occasionally exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to occasionally move about inside the workplace to access files, office machinery, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone, and other office machinery.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to gather data in an organized fashion from varied sources.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments frequently requiring independent judgment within agreed-upon limits.
- Computer literacy required with strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Planner, Project, Lists, Visio and Outlook.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service by mail, telephone, and in-person.
- Working knowledge of software such as Adobe Creative Suite Application, preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is typical office hours and may be remote with periodic on-site work.
- Work requires reliable transportation as position requires occasional travel and extended hours to include early mornings, evenings, holidays, and weekends.
- As needed, work may require ability to be contacted by cell phone during or outside of regular work hours.