Job Title: Security Specialist
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Job Summary: Position will oversee continues ongoing improvement and implementation of organizational wide security policies and procedures, will lead on-going training on security and de-escalation and will serves as a resource and presence to de-escalate potential security concerns with staff, patients, vendors and/or other parties.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Essential Job Duties:
- Develops, tests and maintains safety and security plans, policies and procedures and critically evaluates them for effectiveness.
- Leads on going company training to include; emergency response, safety, accident prevention, de-escalation and active shooter.
- Creates and integrates safety and security policies and procedures.
- Oversees the development and implementation of emergency response plans and evacuation procedures, which includes conducting fire evacuation drills.
- Develops safety and security plans and continuously evaluates them for effectiveness.
- Conducts risk audits and assessments, provides reports as needed or requested.
- Investigates and coordinates response to security threats, breaches, accidents, thefts, disturbances, and discrepancies.
- Writes comprehensive security reports.
- Presents security improvement plans to leadership.
- Compiles, analyzes, and summarizes safety/security data and takes appropriate actions to resolve issues and concerns.
- Identities, establishes, and leverages metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure program effectiveness, prioritize work, and proactively identify and resolve issues.
- Ensures all security equipment is kept in excellent working condition through regular inspection.
- Maintains a master list of Alarm Codes and updates routinely.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5 years of related experience with a background in security, military, or law enforcement
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Ability to travel between locations
Preferred Education, Experience, Certifications & Licenses:
- Associate degree, or higher, in related field preferred
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to frequently exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to frequently move about inside the workplace to assist patients, operate office or medical equipment, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone, and other office machinery.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to gather data in an organized fashion from varied sources.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments and make decisions requiring independent judgment.
- Ability to foresee and address challenges involving one or more variables in routine situations.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment and provide excellent customer service via telephone, mail, and in-person.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently, meet deadlines and work independently.
- Experience in workflow optimization.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is typical of a health clinic setting with occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids and hazardous chemicals.
- Occasionally, work requires extended hours to include early mornings, evenings and weekends.