RN - Infectious Disease Program
Job Title: Registered Nurse - Infectious Disease Program
Reports To: Infectious Disease Program Manager
Job Summary: Assists in county-wide infection control, immunization, and testing efforts.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The job duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties that fall within the broad scope of this classification may be assigned.
- Work as integral team member in the Public Health Programs department to assist in community infectious disease testing, control, reporting, surveillance, and immunizations.
- Collaborate closely with Manager of Public Health Programs, Infectious Disease Program Manager, Vaccine & Infection Control RN, CHW Program Supervisor, and clinical leadership to establish and sustain robust and innovative infectious disease immunization program.
- Collaborate closely with quality department to assist closing care gaps as needed.
- Conduct home visits and participate in outreach events to administer vaccines, and other services as needed
- Assist in submission of required reports.
- Assist Infectious Disease and Immunization programs staff to ensure testing and vaccine supplies are ordered/stocked in sufficient quantities to meet testing and vaccination demand.
- Assist in notifying that all persons tested are informed of their test results based on CCHCI Standing Orders.
- Assist with the preplanning of community testing and vaccination events.
- Assist with tracking of infectious disease and immunization data.
- Administer injections and perform nasal swabs, and other services as needed.
- Participate in team meetings to coordinate services.
- Comply with infection control policies and protocols; follow medication administration, storage procedures and controlled substance regulations.
- Maintains documentation of patient care services by completing patient and department records in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assure quality of care by maintaining clinic standards of care while adhering to requirements of other governing agencies.
- Ensure operation of medical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, reporting malfunctions, requesting repairs, maintaining equipment inventory, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- When needed, performs lab draws and maintain laboratory documents.
- Proficient in laboratory point of care testing.
- Travel to any location as needed.
- Job requires working some weekends, early morning, and evening hours.
Minimum Qualifications - Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Graduate from an accredited RN or state board of nursing approved program.
- Current license to practice nursing in the state of Arizona.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required.
- Valid Fingerprint clearance card required.
- Driver's License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement. For Float positions, mileage may not be paid.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence, and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish may be preferred based on current staffing patterns, patient population, and/or duty assignment.
- Ability to frequently exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to constantly move about inside the workplace to assist patients, operate office or medical equipment, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone, other office machinery, and medical equipment.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
- Possesses range of body motion and ability to exert enough force to lift and move adult and pediatric patients.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to perform basic medical math that may include the use of ratio/proportion, dosage calculation, metric and household equivalents, roman numerals, abbreviations, and general math including percentages, etc.
- Ability to gather data in an organized fashion from varied sources.
- Ability to perform variety of assignments requiring independent judgment.
- Ability to resolve challenges and work under pressure.
- Knowledge of health plans and community health centers preferred.
- Knowledge of HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Computer literacy required.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is typical of a health clinic setting with occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, and hazardous chemicals.
- Work frequently involves use of needles and other medical equipment with proximity to electrical current, and exposure to moving mechanical parts and some hazardous chemicals.
- Work requires reliable transportation as position requires occasional travel and extended hours to include early mornings, evenings, holidays, and weekends.
- If hired for a float position, position requires frequent travel to any health center as needed.
Job Status: Full Time