Revenue Cycle Supervisor
Job Title: Supervisor, Revenue Cycle
Reports To: Assistant Director of Revenue
Job Summary: Supervises Revenue Cycle Associate staff and activities and assists Revenue Department Leadership to improve the financial strength of CCHCI.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Essential Job Duties:
- Supervises Revenue Cycle Associates, to include hiring, training, evaluating, and conducting disciplinary actions and other personnel actions as required.
- Assists in providing orientation, operational training, hands-on coaching, and other staff development tools and resources to Revenue department staff.
- Monitors performance of billing department to ensure all billing tasks necessary to maximize revenue and efficiency are performed.
- Assists in the development of policies, procedures, and workflows to ensure billing department operations are productive and efficient.
- Reviews the End of Month balances of patient Accounts Receivable for accuracy.
- Analyzes aging of patient Accounts Receivable on a monthly basis and directs staff to improve payment statuses.
- Manages patient accounts regarding payment arrangements, collections and resolution of complaints and correction of errors.
- Ensures that Month End closings are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Reviews clearing house items and ensures that they are addressed on a daily basis.
- Ensures that charges and payments are posted daily.
- Ensures that unbilled encounters and un-submitted charges are addressed.
- Manages claim denials to identify causes, corrective actions and ensures timely resubmission.
- Assists in gathering and reporting accurate data to facilitate internal and external audits as required.
- Conducts routine internal audits of charges and adjustments.
- Conducts regular operational staff meetings effectively.
- Participates in planning and quality improvement meetings/trainings as needed.
- Performs administrative and billing clerk duties as needed.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Associates degree in business, health administration, or related field.
- One year of experience in medical billing.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills required may be considered.
- Driver's License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement.
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card may be required.
- Participates in training and education programs to maintain professional competence and skills.
Preferred Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, health administration, or related field preferred.
- Three or more years of experience in medical billing preferred.
- Supervisory or other leadership experience preferred.
- Certified Professional Coder preferred.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, internal providers and staff and other agency staff working in cooperation with the organization.
- Ability to occasionally exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to occasionally move about inside the workplace to access files, office machinery, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone, and other office machinery.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to skillfully gather and analyze data.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments and make decisions requiring considerable independent judgment.
- Displays high level of critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Displays sound and accurate judgment and ability to make timely decisions.
- Knowledge of medical billing, medical records, health plans, and community health centers preferred.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Corporate Compliance rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of Human Resources Policies and procedures and Employee Handbook.
- Computer literacy required with proficiency in use of all Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Records and Practice Management software preferred.
- Ability to employ motivational techniques to train, mentor and lead staff.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to build effective teams.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is typical of an administrative office setting with no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
- Work requires reliable transportation as position requires frequent travel and extended hours to include early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Work requires ability to be contacted by cell phone during or outside of regular work hours.
Job Status: Full Time