Revenue Cycle Business Analyst
Chiricahua Community Health Centers, Inc.
Job Title: Revenue Cycle Business Analyst
Reports To: Revenue Cycle Director
Job Summary: Responsible for NextGen revenue cycle system and business operations support to include end user workflow support and education; NextGen system support, training and re-training; NextGen system analytics, reporting, system audits and QA. Assists Revenue Cycle Director in improving revenue cycle operations and the financial strength of CCHCI.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted and/or applied in any way as necessary. Maintaining regular and punctual attendance is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
Revenue Cycle Operations, NextGen System Support and Training
- Performs the liaison role for Revenue Cycle Operating Units, Subject Matter Experts, Information Systems and other departments and individuals who utilize the information generated by the NextGen PM application.
- Fulfills the role of NextGen PM Subject Matter Expert for Revenue Cycle.
- Identifies opportunities and supports efforts to leverage applications to their fullest potential.
- Performs system testing, query writing, NextGen table and system maintenance, troubleshooting, documentation and training and resolution of application issues
- Assists in system administration of NextGen by reviewing and editing billable service items and other menu items and templates that affect billing.
- Conducts end user operational and NextGen system training/re-training, hands-on coaching, and other staff development tools and resources for all revenue cycle operating unit staff.
- Collaborate with IT when needed to verify that revenue cycle system is up to date
- Gathers and reports accurate data to facilitate and support leadership requests, and internal and external audits as required.
- May be required to attend and participate in leadership, management, Continuous Quality Improvement, and other staff meetings as needed.
- Conducts/participates in regular operational staff meetings effectively.
Assists in Maintaining Optimal Revenue Cycle System Support and Financial Strength of CCHCI
- Stays current with NextGen Practice Management best practices and makes recommendations for inclusion within CCHCI revenue cycle operations.
- Identifies new technologies to enhance revenue cycle operations and be the primary business support and champion for new technology implementations within revenue cycle.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Associate's or Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology or related field required.
- NextGen PM certification or comparable experience required; if not already certified, must obtain within 6 months of hire and maintain certification throughout employment.
- Five years in Patient Accounting, Patient Access or Patient Scheduling with a broad healthcare knowledge and terminology in all areas or any equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Experience in Revenue Cycle and NextGen PM training and development activities.
- Three years of education and/or experience in a leadership role required, with an emphasis on data analysis and optimization of operating practices to meet best practice standards
- Project management experience, including facilitating and coordinating the activities of multiple workgroups, teams or organizational units.
- Driver's License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, internal providers and staff and other agency staff working in cooperation with the organization.
- Ability to occasionally exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to occasionally move about inside the workplace to access files, office machinery, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone, and other office machinery.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to skillfully gather and analyze data.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments and make decisions requiring considerable independent judgment.
- Displays high level of critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Displays excellent multi-tasking, analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Displays sound and accurate judgment and ability to make timely decisions and work under pressure.
- Knowledge of billing, medical records, medical office operations, health plans, and community health centers preferred.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Corporate Compliance rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of Human Resources Policies and procedures and Employee Handbook.
- Advanced computer proficiency required with proficiency in use of all Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Records required.
- Ability to employ motivational techniques to train, mentor and lead staff.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to build effective teams.
- Demonstrated ability to listen to divergent views and build consensus and support for a shared goal.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is usually typical of an administrative office setting with no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
- Work requires reliable transportation as position requires frequent travel and extended hours to include early mornings, evenings, holidays and weekends.
- Work requires ability to be contacted by cell phone during or outside of regular work hours. Cell Phone stipend will be provided.
Job Status: Full Time