Job Title: Registered Dietitian
Reports To: Integrated Dietetic Health Supervisor
Job Summary: Provides and manages nutritional and dietary evaluations, recommendations, and services for specified population.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The job duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties that fall within the broad scope of this classification may be assigned.
- Provides and manages direct patient care, including assessments, evaluation, and treatment for nutritional, dietary, and feeding risks or disorders.
- Consults with providers regarding patients’ diagnosis, prognosis, and progress.
- Develops and implements functional, measurable goals to address nutrition needs or dietary changes.
- Reassesses patient progress on goals and need for continued services on a regular basis.
- Assists in the identification, assessment, and intervention for patients referred to and/or in need of nutrition services/evaluation or diagnosed with nutrition related disease.
- Ensures patients and families receive accurate explanations of nutritional assessments and goals for needed changes or maintenance of health.
- Develops services that address the functional needs of the patient to improve health and development in a manner that reflects understanding of family dynamics that affect patient health.
- Instructs patient and/or family members in the proper and safe usage of supplements, formulas, diets, and activity.
- Assists in coordination of services and recommends appropriate referrals as needed.
- Collaborates with community agencies and professionals in order to provide timely and seamless services to eligible patients and families.
- Develops and maintains patient progress reports and documentation.
- Provides consultation and timely reports of patient evaluation, reassessments, and disposition to providers.
- Participates in specified nutrition promotion, education and/or prevention programs for associated nutritional health issues as appropriate.
- Attends and participates in required staff meetings.
- Participates in documentation reviews.
Minimum Qualifications - Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Bachelor's degree with course work approved by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics' Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND).
- Completed an accredited, supervised practice program at a health-care facility, community agency or foodservice corporation.
- Passed a national examination administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills.
- Participates in continuing education programs to maintain professional competence and skills.
- Current CPR certification.
- Driver's License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement.
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Certification in pediatrics and/or nutrition support and diabetes education preferred.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to accurately comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence, and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred, but not required.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, internal providers and staff and other agency staff working in cooperation with the organization.
- Ability to occasionally exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to constantly move about inside the workplace to assist patients, operate office or medical equipment, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone, and other office machinery.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to skillfully gather and analyze data.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments and make decisions requiring considerable independent judgment.
- Ability to resolve challenges and work under pressure.
- Displays high level of critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Corporate Compliance rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of health care plans and community health centers.
- Knowledge of current research and effective, developmentally appropriate approaches and practices.
- Knowledge of disabilities and dietary issues and illnesses.
- Computer literacy required.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Records preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is typical of a health clinic setting with occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, and hazardous chemicals.
- Work requires reliable transportation as position requires occasional travel and extended hours to include early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Work requires ability to be contacted by cell phone during or outside of regular work hours.
Job Status: Full Time