Registered Dental Hygienist
Essential Job Duties:
- Provides services that maintain patients' preventative oral health standards.
- Develops and implements individualized dental care plans for patients with dentist.
- Performs patient education, perio program, gingival maintenance program and fluoride varnish pediatric program.
- Delivers direct patient care to patients as assigned, using established dental hygienist procedures.
- Performs routine treatment procedures, such as cleaning, polishing, x-rays, application of sealants and fluorides, and related procedures, as determined by policies and state law.
- Documents dental history or chief complaint; records and reports pertinent observations and patient reactions to dental staff, as appropriate.
- Assists in preparation of patient care areas, and in the patient admission, transfer, and discharge process, as required; prepares reports and assists as required with patient reception, telephone calls, routine triage, and other office duties.
- Sets up and prepares dental equipment and instrumentation in accordance with established regulations and guidelines.
- Maintains an active recall system.
- Schedules follow up appointments
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Graduated from an accredited Dental Hygiene Program with either an Associates Degree or Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene.
- Current Arizona license as a Registered Dental Hygienist
- Local Anesthetic Certificate
- Current CPR certification.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose effective instructions, correspondence and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, internal providers and staff and other agency staff working in cooperation with the organization.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Ability to frequently exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to constantly move about inside the work place to assist patients, operate office or dental equipment, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone and other office machinery and dental equipment.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
- Possesses range of body motion and ability to exert enough force to lift and move adult and pediatric patients.
Job Status: Full Time