Program Coordinator, HIV and Hepatitis C
Job Title: Program Coordinator, HIV and Hepatitis C
Reports To: Manager of Public Health Programs
Job Summary: Coordinates HIV and Hepatitis C programming at Chiricahua Community Health Centers, Inc (CCHCI), including case management, identification of people living with HIV and Hepatitis C in Cochise County, infectious disease screening, collection and analysis of program surveillance data
Qualifications and Requirements:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The job duties may be modified at any time due to business needs.
Essential Job Duties:
- Coordinate HIV and Hepatitis C Programming
- Identifies people living with HIV and Hepatitis C throughout Cochise County, AZ
- Links patients to comprehensive care at CCHCI
- Provides case management to people living with HIV and Hepatitis C, including clinical and social needs
- Collaborates with CCHCI providers, Infectious Disease Program team, Community Health Worker team, and other departments to ensure access to HIV and Hepatitis C treatment and care, assists with processing of prior authorizations as needed
- Works with Public Health Programs leadership to identify and address barriers to care for patients, including social determinants of health
- Participates in community-based field work as pertinent to programming
- Implements prevention education efforts
- Conducts home visits to ensure effective care coordination for patients
- Assists with surveillance and program data pertaining to infectious disease, and participates in program development and growth as directed by data
- Assists with community screening of infectious diseases
- Assists with grant management and deliverables, including but not limited to Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program
Minimum Qualifications - Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Bachelor’s degree with two years’ experience in community health, infectious disease, or related field
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card required.
- Driver's License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement or driving a CCHCI vehicle.
Preferred Qualifications – Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Master of Public Health, Epidemiology, or related field
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), or Registered Nurse (RN), with active Arizona license
- Two years of experience in clinical setting is preferred
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence, and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, internal providers and staff and other agency staff working in cooperation with the organization.
- Ability to frequently exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to constantly move about inside the workplace to assist patients, operate office or medical equipment, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone, other office machinery, and medical equipment.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
- Possesses range of body motion and ability to exert enough force to lift and move adult and pediatric patients.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to perform medical math that may include the use of ratio/proportion, dosage calculation, metric and household equivalents, roman numerals, abbreviations, and general math including percentages, etc.
- Ability to skillfully gather and analyze data.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments with little or no direct supervision.
- Ability to resolve challenges and work under pressure.
- Knowledge of health plans and community health centers preferred.
- Knowledge of the responsibilities associated with the VFC program, the reporting requirements with the State of Arizona, and CCHCI protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Corporate Compliance rules and regulations.
- Computer literacy required.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to build effective teams.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is typical of a health clinic setting with occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, and hazardous chemicals.
- Work occasionally involves use of needles and other medical equipment with proximity to electrical current, and exposure to moving mechanical parts and some hazardous chemicals.
- Work requires reliable transportation as position requires frequent travel and extended hours to include early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
Job Status: Full Time