Reports To: Pharmacy Supervisor
Job Summary: Assists Pharmacy Supervisor with day-to-day activities in the pharmacy.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted and/or applied in any way as necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
- Contributes to Effective Pharmacy Operations.
- Receives and processes prescription orders and clinic supply requests promptly and accurately.
- Completes prescription order transactions by billing appropriate payer(s) correctly after pharmacist verification.
- Prints required pharmacy reports and labels.
- Assists the pharmacist with identification of prescription processing problems, proposing and implementing solutions, and follow up.
- Answers phone calls, responds to caller questions as able and/or transfers/ directs caller to appropriate phone number. Takes messages for pharmacy staff as needed.
- Travels to pick up orders or deliver medications to clinic areas or other CCHCI sites as needed.
- Prepares and facilitates daily bank deposit.
- Maintains and files logs, records, and other required documentation accurately.
- Ensures operation of pharmacy equipment by completing preventive maintenance and cleaning requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, reporting malfunctions, and requesting repairs.
- Completes and documents medication storage area inspections.
- Participates in pharmacy staff and other meetings as required.
- Performs administrative and/or clerical duties for pharmacy department as needed.
- Provides orientation and training to new team members and assists co-workers in completion of tasks.
Maintains Medication and Supply Inventory.
- Assists in ordering, receiving, unpacking, and storing medications and supplies.
- Rotates stock to ensure use before expiration date.
- Identifies and replaces, as needed, outdated and unusable medications.
- Replenishes emergency and clinic supplies accurately and promptly.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- High School diploma or GED.
- PTCB Certification preferred.
- Current AZ Board of Pharmacy license required.
- One year of experience as a Pharmacy Technician or in a similar setting preferred.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills and sensitivity.
- Automobile and valid driver’s license necessary as position requires occasional travel.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred, but not required.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, internal providers and staff and other agency staff working in cooperation with the organization.
- Ability to occasionally exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to constantly move about inside the work place to assist patients, operate office equipment, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone and other office machinery, and grasp and seize small objects such as medication tablets and containers.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents, as well as accurately identify and distinguish colors.
- Ability to perceive the size, shape, temperature and/or texture of objects by touch.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to perform medical math that may include the use of ratio/proportion, dosage calculation, metric and household equivalents, roman numerals, abbreviations, and general math including percentages, etc.
- Ability to skillfully gather and analyze data.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments and make decisions requiring independent judgment.
- Displays high level of critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of health plans and community health centers preferred.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Corporate Compliance rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of 340B regulations preferred.
- Computer literacy required with proficiency in use of all Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Records and pharmacy software preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service by mail, telephone, and in-person.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is typical of a health care facility setting with occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids and hazardous chemicals.
- Work requires occasional travel and extended hours to include early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
Job Status: Full Time