Pharmacy Technician Float
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician Float
Reports To: Pharmacy Technician Supervisor
Job Summary: Assists Pharmacy Supervisor with day-to-day activities in the Pharmacy.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted and/or applied in any way, as necessary. Maintaining regular and punctual attendance is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
- Contributes to effective pharmacy operation and immunizes Chiricahua patients as directed by health center and supervising immunizing pharmacist.
- Receives and processes prescription orders and clinic supply requests promptly and accurately.
- Completes prescription order transactions by billing appropriate payer(s) correctly after pharmacist verification.
- Prints required pharmacy reports and labels.
- Assists the pharmacist with identification of prescription processing problems, proposing, and implementing solutions, and follow up.
- Answer’s phone calls, responds to caller questions as able and/or transfers/ directs caller to appropriate phone number. Takes messages for pharmacy staff as needed.
- Travels to pick up orders or deliver medications to clinic areas or other CCHCI sites as needed.
- Prepares and facilitates daily bank deposit.
- Maintains and files logs, records, and other required documentation accurately.
- Ensures operation of pharmacy equipment by completing preventive maintenance and cleaning requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, reporting malfunctions, and requesting repairs.
- Completes and documents medication storage area inspections.
- Participates in pharmacy staff and other meetings as required.
- Performs administrative and/or clerical duties for pharmacy department as needed.
- Provides orientation and training to new team members and assists co-workers in completion of tasks.
- Working assigned weekends as required.
- Maintains Medication and Supply Inventory.
- Assists in ordering, receiving, unpacking, and storing medications and supplies.
- Rotates stock to ensure use before expiration date.
- Identifies and replaces, as needed, outdated and unusable medications.
- Replenishes emergency and clinic supplies accurately and promptly.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- High School diploma or GED.
- PTCB Certification required.
- Current AZ Board of Pharmacy license required.
- One year of experience as a Pharmacy Technician or in a similar setting preferred.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills and sensitivity.
- Driver's License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement.
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence, and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred, but not required.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, internal providers and staff and other agency staff working in cooperation with the organization.
- Ability to occasionally exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to constantly move about inside the workplace to assist patients, operate office equipment, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone and other office machinery, and grasp and seize small objects such as medication tablets and containers.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents, as well as accurately identify and distinguish colors.
- Ability to perceive the size, shape, temperature and/or texture of objects by touch.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to perform medical math that may include the use of ratio/proportion, dosage calculation, metric and household equivalents, roman numerals, abbreviations, and general math including percentages, etc.
- Ability to skillfully gather and analyze data.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments and make decisions requiring independent judgment.
- Displays high level of critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of health plans and community health centers preferred.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Corporate Compliance rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of 340B regulations preferred.
- Computer literacy required with proficiency in use of all Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Records and pharmacy software preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service by mail, telephone, and in-person.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is typical of a health care facility setting with occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, and hazardous chemicals.
- Work requires reliable transportation as position requires occasional travel and extended hours to include early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
Job Status: Full Time