Job Title: Pharmacist
Reports To: Pharmacy Director
Job Summary: The Pharmacist in Charge is the person responsible to the Board of Pharmacy for the licensed establishment’s compliance with the laws and administrative rules of this state and of the federal government pertaining to the practice of pharmacy and the distribution of drugs and devices. The role of this position is to assure compliance is maintained.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted and/or applied in any way, as necessary. Maintaining regular and punctual attendance is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
- Ensures compliance to all rules, regulations and statutes as indicated in the Arizona Pharmacy Act.
- Acts as official liaison with Compliance Officer of State Board of Pharmacy
- Assists Director of Pharmacy in the supervision and direction of the pharmacy staff in the matters of daily pharmacy operations.
- Assists Pharmacy Technician Supervisor with the supervision and direction of the pharmacy staff in the matters of daily pharmacy operations to ensure compliance to all pertaining pharmacy laws and respective scopes of practice.
- Provides standard of practice in pharmaceutical care by the checking of prescriptions, complete, effective patient counseling and education regarding medications and their use.
- Assists patients in solving problems, such as identifying old medications or finding over-the-counter solutions.
- Assist in the coordination of pharmacy practices with other health care departments by maintaining working relationships with all departments
- Assist in the maintenance of financial control by providing support to 340B Program Audit Specialist during prescription reviews.
- Assist in the coordination of the pharmacy with outside agencies to assure compliance with all state and federal rules, regulations and laws governing pharmacy activities.
- Identifies and discusses potential or actual drug interactions or other incompatibility issues with providers and other clinical staff.
- Oversee the storage of all prescription drugs and controlled substances inside the pharmacy.
- Maintains accurate inventory of medications and implements loss prevention controls.
- Oversee safe disposal of infectious and/or hazardous wastes.
- Participates in pharmacy-related committees and meetings and CCHCI leadership meetings as needed.
- Assists in development of CCHCI pharmacy operations policies and procedures.
- Assist when necessary in creating and maintaining schedule templates within clinic EMR software.
- Respond to requests for assistance from colleagues at Chiricahua Community Health Centers in a positive, helpful manner.
- Assist in any other duties as requested by Director of Pharmacy if required.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Graduate from an accredited College of Pharmacy. Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm. D.) preferred.
- Minimum of three years pharmacy experience preferred.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills and sensitivity.
- Current Arizona State Board of Pharmacy Pharmacist License.
- Current CPR certification.
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence, and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred, but not required.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, internal providers and staff and other agency staff working in cooperation with the organization.
- Ability to occasionally exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to constantly move about inside the workplace to assist patients, operate office equipment, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone and other office machinery, and grasp and seize small objects such as medication tablets and containers.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents, as well as accurately identify and distinguish colors.
- Ability to perceive the size, shape, temperature and/or texture of objects by touch.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to perform medical math that may include the use of ratio/proportion, dosage calculation, metric and household equivalents, roman numerals, abbreviations, and general math including percentages, etc.
- Ability to skillfully gather and analyze data.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments and make decisions requiring considerable independent judgment.
- Displays high level of critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Displays sound and accurate judgment and ability to make timely decisions.
- Knowledge of health plans and community health centers preferred.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Corporate Compliance rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of 340B regulations.
- Computer literacy required with proficiency in use of all Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Records preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is typical of a health care facility setting with occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, and hazardous chemicals.
- Work requires occasional travel and extended hours to include early mornings, evenings, holidays, and weekends.
Job Status: Full Time