Reports To: Director of Dental Services
Job Summary: Provides a high standard of preventative and pediatric dental services to clinic patients under age 21 and to "special needs" patients of any age.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted and/or applied in any way as necessary. Maintaining regular and punctual attendance is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
- Performs pediatric dental services and procedures within defined parameters. Treats pediatric dental patients in a hospital setting when indicated.
- Provides other dental care services as appropriate for training and certification with approval by the Director of Dental Services.
- Develops and implements individualized dental care and treatment plans for dental patients.
- Provides and manages direct patient dental care, including new patient examinations, annual evaluations, emergency assessments, and treatment.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate.
- Administers anesthetics and other medications to patients.
- Examines x-rays of teeth, gums, the jaw, and nearby areas for problems.
- Participates in dental health promotion plans and initiatives as appropriate.
- Participates in providing regular and meaningful peer review and feedback to other dental providers.
- Assists in facilitating and providing training and mentorship to improve and advance professional skills and competence of dental staff.
- Provides clinic dentist services at any site within CCHCI’s network.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry (DMD) with current Arizona State License as a dentist.
- Completion of a Pediatric residency program.
- Three or more years of clinical experience preferred.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills and sensitivity.
- Fingerprint Clearance Card and hospital registration may be required (as needed for sedation and operating room procedures).
- Current CPR certification.
- Driver's License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement.
- Participates in continuing medical/dental education programs to maintain professional competence and skills.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose effective instructions, correspondence and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, internal providers and staff and other agency staff working in cooperation with the organization.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
Job Status: Full Time