Patient Service Representative
Patient Service Representative
Health Center Administrator
Assists Patients, Lead Patient Service Representative, and the Health Center Administrator (HCA) team in the performance of a broad range of administrative duties.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted and/or applied in any way as necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
- Schedules and confirms patient appointments.
- Provides and facilitates the completion of necessary patient forms.
- Verifies medical coverage, eligibility and complete One E applications.
- Verifies patient demographic information.
- Informs patients of account balances and takes payments over the counter.
- Answers telephone calls. Responds to caller questions as able and/or transfers calls to appropriate party. Takes and documents messages as appropriate.
- Deciphers the correct amount to charge self-pay or sliding fee schedule patients.
- Proactively greets, interacts with, and assists patients and staff in a professional manner.
- Checks in patients on location as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- At least six months of experience in a medical setting providing office support.
- Any combination of experience and/or education that provides the necessary combination of skills and sensitivity.
- Automobile and valid driver’s license necessary as position requires travel.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish may be required based on current staffing patterns, patient population, and/or duty assignment.
- Ability to comprehend and understand limited medical terminology.
- Ability to occasionally exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to constantly move about inside the work place to assist patients, access files, and operate office or medical equipment, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone, and other office machinery.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Ability to gather data in an organized fashion from varied sources.
- Ability to take direction and perform assignments accordingly.
- Ability to deal with challenges involving one or more variables in routine situations.
- Knowledge of prepaid health plans and community health centers preferred.
- Ability to comprehend and understand insurance co-pays.
- Knowledge of HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Computer literacy required.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Records preferred.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service by mail, telephone, and in-person.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is typical of a health clinic setting with occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids and hazardous chemicals.
- Work requires frequent travel and flexible hours so that early morning, evenings and weekends are accommodated.
MMC Sue= Mobile Medical Clinic for Douglas- PSR will travel
Job Status: Full Time