Patient Service Representative-Temporary
Patient Service Representative
Health Center Administrator
Assists Patients, Lead Patient Service Representative and the Health Center Management Team in the performance of a broad range of administrative duties.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Day to Day operations
- Schedule and confirm appointments.
- Provide and facilitate the completion of necessary patient forms.
- Verify medical coverage, eligibility and complete One E applications.
- Inform patients of clinic balances and taking payments over the counter.
- Proactively greet, interact, and assist staff in a professional manner to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious work environment.
- Ability to comprehend and understand limited medical terminology, medications and fee scale information to assure accuracy.
- Ability to comprehend and understand insurance co-pays so as to collect the correct amount from the patient
Provide excellent Customer Service
- Meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Demonstrate a genuine concern for others.
- Provide excellent customer service by mail, telephone and in person.
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- At least six months of experience in a medical setting providing office support.
- Any combination of experience that provides the necessary combination of skills and sensitivity to work in a community health center
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, other employees of the organization and other agencies and providers working in cooperation with the organization.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish may be required based on current staffing patterns, patient population, and/or duty assignment
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all measure, using whole numbers, common fraction, and decimals.
- Compute Annual salary/wage of patient, based on information provided for CCHCI’s Sliding Fee Scale program and for One-E-App for AHCCCS applications
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral, written, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standard situations.
- Ability to use independent judgment in the utilization of Standing Orders.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- As available to support education and experience claims.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of prepaid health plans and computer literacy preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Status: Full Time,Contract/Temporary