Outreach & Enrollment Specialist
Job Title: Outreach & Enrollment Specialist
Reports To: Patient Access Manager-Sierra Vista Dental
Job Summary: Services clientele by screening for medical coverage eligibility available with various programs; educates and assists with the application and enrollment process.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted, and/or applied in any way, as necessary. Maintaining regular and punctual attendance is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
Assists Patients in Determining Medical Coverage Eligibility
- Utilizes the Health-E-Arizona plus program to screen applicants for Medicaid/ CHIP program and other discount medical programs.
- Educates applicants on requirements, application process, and services provided by health care programs.
- Assists patients/clients with the health care program application process.
- Tracks application progress for completion through continued contact with the client.
- Maintains current status of work in progress.
- Assists patients with applications for Sliding Fee Schedule.
Performs Community Outreach
- Provides general program information and performs outreach and enrollment activities.
- Provides education and presentations to community organizations, agencies and businesses on Medicaid/CHIP and other community discount medical programs available.
- Conducts liaison and attends meetings with community organizations, agencies, and businesses.
Provides Customer Service and Teamwork
- Assists in providing Patient Service representative duties such as scheduling appointments, patient Check-in/Check-out, answering telephones, collecting co-payments, and creating batches as needed.
- Assists Medical Records and Referrals department with printing, scanning, and utilizing Electronic Health Records as needed.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience in front office, customer service, interview techniques, and/or public relations/contact work preferred.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills and sensitivity.
- Annual Health-E-Arizona plus and Certified Application Counselor Certification renewals are required.
- Driver's License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement.
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence and communications in English and Spanish in both oral and written format.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish may be preferred based on current staffing patterns, patient population, and/or duty assignment.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, internal providers and staff and other agency staff working in cooperation with the organization.
Job Status: Full Time