Operations and Logistics Manager
Job Title: Operations and Logistics Manager
Reports To: Chief Operations Officer
Job Summary: Provide leadership, promote accountability, and create a result driven team culture within the Facilities Maintenance, Environmental Services, and Central Supply departments.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted, and/or applied in any way, as necessary. Maintaining regular and punctual attendance is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
- Regularly evaluate existing operations, policies and procedures against industry best practices and changing needs of the organization, and developing continuous improvement plans to address gaps and/or risks.
- Identify, recommend, strategize, implement, and support the cost-effective and innovative technology solutions that drive improvement and standardization throughout the entire organization.
- Support and establish operational metrics to measure, monitor and improve project delivery and operational performance.
- Provide technical direction for development, design, and systems integration.
- Provide project planning and management for established initiatives.
- Determine and define clear deliverables, roles and responsibilities for staff members required for specific projects or initiatives.
- Develop and ensure disaster recovery and business continuity capabilities for highest available environment
- Hold regular technical team meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects
- Implement, coordinate, and optimize all logistic activities to include regular facility inspection and maintenance, fleet management, storage, materials handling, order fulfillment, logistics network design, inventory management, supply/demand planning, and management of third-party service providers.
- Establish and ensure adherence of policies and procedures that ensure appropriate sourcing and procurement in line with federal grant requirements and best practices.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and identify inefficiencies and cost optimization opportunities.
- Establish metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements.
- Establish the tracking of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency.
- Direct, optimize, and coordinate full order cycle.
- Identify savings by removing waste or unnecessary steps in the logistics process
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers, and consumers.
- Communication with staff, administration, and other departments.
- Manage, coach, and develop a high performing team, to include Facilities Maintenance, Environmental Services, Fleet, and Central Supply departments, that meets agreed objectives and delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements
- Set departmental objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports
- Perform analysis and forecasting for strategic and operational planning.
- Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required
- Ensure that all functions under supervision operate in accordance with health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff, patients, and visitors
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Logistics, or Supply Chain or related field preferred.
- 4 years of experience in Facilities Management, Project Management, and/or Logistics Management.
- Preference for certification(s) relevant to health center operations, logistics and/or supply chain
- Formal education or training in related field can be substituted on a year-for year basis.
- Must be 21 years of age and have a current AZ driver's license to qualify under company
- Driver's License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement.
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence, and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, internal providers and staff and other agency staff working in cooperation with the organization.
- Ability to frequently exert enough force to move objects weighing 50 pounds or more.
- Ability to frequently move about inside and outside the workplace to inspect work and perform maintenance.
- Ability to traverse short distances indoors and outdoors between work sites.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate power tools, small hand tools, operate a motor vehicle and other machinery.
- Possesses the visual acuity necessary to determine accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of work and to perform visual inspections of facilities and equipment for cleanliness and defects.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
- Ability to occasionally ascend and descend ladders to service and repair facilities, etc.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, reach, or otherwise position self to maintain equipment and facilities.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to gather data in an organized fashion from varied sources.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments and make decisions requiring considerable independent judgment.
- Displays high level of critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Displays sound and accurate judgment and ability to make timely decisions.
- Thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned duties.
- Knowledge of Human Resources Policies and procedures and Employee Handbook.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in use of all Microsoft Office programs preferred.
- Ability to employ motivational techniques to train, mentor, and lead staff.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to build effective teams.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment typical of indoor and outdoor maintenance or custodial work with occasional proximity to electrical current, exposure to moving mechanical parts, and some hazardous chemicals.
- Work is frequently performed outdoors with exposure to outside weather conditions to include heat and cold, and humid, windy, and dry conditions.
- Work requires reliable transportation as position requires frequent travel and may occasionally require extended hours to include early mornings, evenings, holidays, and weekends.
- Work includes frequent driving of company vehicle in normal and adverse weather conditions over improved and rough road surfaces.
- Work requires ability to be contacted by cell phone during or outside of regular work hours.
Job Status: Full Time