Nextgen Optimization Supervisor
Job Title: Nextgen Optimization Manager
Reports To: CCIO
Job Summary: The overall duties of the Nextgen Manager are to oversee the Nextgen Team of trainers, application specialists, and analysts. In addition, the role is responsible for support, design, testing, training, implementation, and optimization of processes that improve clinical flow and support providers, staff, and Chiricahua leadership. Above all these measures enhance the quality, safety, and high reliability throughout the organization.
Essential Job Duties:
The job duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties that fall within the broad scope of this classification may be assigned.
Nextgen Practice Management:
- Supervises analysts and application specialists.
- Directs Nextgen training and support systems.
- Directs and supports Nextgen end user support systems, including help-desk tickets, Health Information Technology interfaces and other wo-way data systems.
- Designs and implements training programs as needed.
- Oversees Nextgen upgrades and patches.
- Assist in user training and go live support as well as post-implementation evaluation to ensure the functionality and performance of the system are optimal.
- Creates, analyzes, and provides monthly productivity reports, outcome measure reports and other reports as assigned.
- Collaborate with IT to ensure that the technical and functional requirements of the applications/system are met.
- Establish, test, and validate the technical requirements for systems being implemented and/or supported.
- Proactively mitigate potential risks and device contingency plans and escalate as appropriate.
- Collaborates with all departments third-party consulting to further Chiricahua endeavors.
- Other duties as assigned.
Nextgen Clinical Optimization:
- Provide key indicator reports monthly for Nextgen analysts and application specialists, optimization efforts and assigned projects.
- Design new dashboards as needed.
- Become subject matter expert on Nextgen optimization.
- Provides support and designs training for new modified procedures and clinical pathways.
- Reviews, analyzes, and reports on new modified procedures and clinical pathways to help achieve intended performance goals.
- Works collaboratively with application specialists, end users, data analysts, finance analysts and IT to develop a solution that meets the organizational requirements.
- Guide stakeholders based on insight gained from data and analytic repots.
- Complete regularly scheduled (face-to-face) workflow optimization analysis around Nextgen, providing recommended changes/updates, as necessary.
Supports Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance:
- Provides support for leadership and user with specialized information such as Meaningful Use, UDS, PCHMH and HEDIS.
- Supports departments in the collection and analysis of healthcare data for quality and efficiency improvement.
- Tests for validity, accuracy, and reliability of results and conformance to current healthcare standards and oversees programs and corrections as needed.
- Facilitates communication between all departments.
- Lead Project Management efforts for multiple projects.
- Work with leadership to critically assess status of Nextgen processes and workflows and creatively explore and develop solutions to ensure that clinical programs are data driven.
- Identify and oversee collaborative partnerships with the interdepartmental and third-party stakeholders to ensure Chiricahua Mission and Vision.
Minimum Qualifications - Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- BS/BA in healthcare field, management, business, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years in management and/or similar role.
- Experience in workflow optimization required.
- Driver’s License and proof of insurance may be required.
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card required.
- Nextgen experience preferred.
- Experience with FQHC highly preferred.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to gather data in an organized fashion from varied sources.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments and make decisions requiring independent judgment.
- Ability to foresee and address challenges involving one or more variables in routine situations.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment and provide excellent customer service via telephone, mail, and in-person.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently, meet deadlines and work independently.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence, and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Must be fluent in English. Fluent in Spanish is beneficial.
- Ability to occasionally exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to occasionally move about inside the workplace to access files, office machinery, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone, and other office machinery.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is typical of an administrative office setting with no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Job Status: Full Time