MSS (Medical Support Staff) Training Specialist
Job Title: MSS (Medical Support Staff) Training Specialist
Reports To: Director of Nursing
Job Summary: Responsible for the workflow development, training, and auditing of all MSS personnel as the primary MSS Superuser.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily.
- Develops and maintains up to date MSS workflows that integrate specifics necessary for insurance reimbursement and demographic information for optimum center performance.
Upholds policies and procedures for MSS auditing.
- Serves as primary NextGen Electronic Health Record MSS Superuser.
- Creates checklists for MSS personnel to utilize.
- Assists the Medical Support Staff Supervisor (MSSS) in the training and evaluation of MSS staff
- Trains MSS personnel in NextGen and health center clinical operations.
- Conducts hands on training with MSS to help maintain competency in MSS skills.
- Responsible for new hire onboarding curriculum and continuous quality auditing plan for new and existing MSS.
- Ensures that MSS complete the minimum training and competency checklist prior to being scheduled with a medical provider.
- Works with local colleges to host MSS trainees and ensure the rotation experience is broad and thorough.
- Places incident reports and participates in root cause analysis when performance is not meeting accepted standards.
- Supports implementation of Clinical Quality, Joint Commission and Patient Centered Medical Home initiatives.
- Maintains an understanding and compliance of CCHCI policies and procedures.
- Engages in strategic planning activities and implements strategic decisions into operational plans necessary for improvement of MSS performance and efficiency.
Minimum Qualifications - Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- High School or GED Required.
- Medical Assistant Diploma or Military Medical Assistant Program required.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required.
- Registered or Certified Medical Assistant required.
- Current EKG Technician Certification required.
- Current Phlebotomy Technician Certification required.
- One year lead, supervisory or other leadership experience required.
- Five years’ experience working as a Medical Assistant in a clinical setting required.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group settings.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills required may be considered.
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card required.
- Driver's License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence, and communications in English in both oral and written format preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred, but not required.
- Ability to occasionally exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to constantly remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to occasionally move about inside the workplace to access files, operate office equipment, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone, and other office machinery.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to skillfully gather and analyze data.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments and make decisions requiring considerable independent judgment.
- Displays elevated level of critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of medical billing, medical records, medical office operations and health plans preferred.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Corporate Compliance rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of Human Resources Policies and procedures and Employee Handbook.
- Computer literacy required with proficiency in use of all Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to facilitate communication and problem solving between providers, support staff and patients.
- Ability to employ motivational techniques to train, mentor, and lead staff.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to build effective teams.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is typical of an administrative office setting with no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
- Work requires reliable transportation as position requires frequent travel and extended hours to include early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Work requires ability to be contacted by cell phone during or outside of regular work hours.
Job Status: Full Time