Mobile Clinic Program Manager
Job Title: Mobile Clinic Program Manager
Reports To: Medical Director of Southern Arizona Children’s Health Project
Job Summary: Provides leadership, oversight, development, and management support to mobile medical and dental programs.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted and/or applied in any way, as necessary. Maintaining regular and punctual attendance is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provides leadership for continued growth and development of CCHCI mobile programs.
- Researches and collaborates in grant writing/application to develop and grow the mobile health program.
- Organizes and represents CCHCI at public events as needed.
- Collaborates closely with partner agencies on days and times that they are available, especially program funders (i.e., Children’s Health Fund, Ronald McDonald Charities, and others)
- Provides leadership and direction regarding the establishment and maintenance of mobile clinic sites in Cochise County.
- Evaluates current mobile sites to ensure that productivity goals are being met.
- Works with Director of Community Programs and community health workers to ensure that special and vulnerable populations are being served.
- Acts a liaison with community partners, ensuring that there is consistent communication with host sites and that memorandum of understandings are current and being followed by all parties.
- Conducts needs assessments and leads efforts to ensure strategic service to populations in need.
- Proactively and independently develops systems and processes for effective workflow and financial viability.
- Develops, implements, and monitors data-driven systems and processes to promote effective and efficient operations of programs and services.
- Collaborates closely with the Quality Department in quality measure goals and patient safety initiatives.
- Supports organizational strategic initiatives. Coordinates quality assurance program for the mobile health unit.
- Utilizes data for developing and evaluating annual goals and objectives of department.
- Develops and manages program budget.
- Maintains effective and efficient use of providers, personnel, equipment, and capital.
- Maintains physical environment and equipment for effective operations.
- Anticipates and facilitates needs for repair, renovations, replacement, new purchases or modifications of work environment and equipment for the effective provision of services.
- Ensures work practices meet health, fire, safety, and regulatory requirements and compliance with Joint Commission and HIPAA standards.
- Ensures that designated staff maintain supplies (such as medications and vaccines) according to health center procedures.
- Demonstrates accountability and responsibility for day-to-day operations of designated services with high degree of reliability.
- Plans and manages staffing of mobile unit employees, including medical and dental providers, nursing, outreach, patient services, support staff,
- dental staff, and drivers, in consultation with managers of those departments. Coordinates daily operations and work activities for clinical and non-clinical services.
- Monitors staffing levels of current and upcoming shifts for the department based on patient acuity, staff competencies and patient volume.
- Provides timely and appropriate resolution to patient, customer, provider, personnel, vendor and organizational concerns or complaints.
- Manages workflow, performance, and overall practice operations achieving expert care, superb service, and maximum provider/staff productivity.
- Develops and maintains an open and effective line of communication with providers and clinic staff.
- Supports and improves patient access and patient satisfaction. Listens to, and resolves, customer/patient complaints.
- Ability and willingness to travel and be on site at any mobile site or sites in Cochise County as needed.
- Provides leadership, education, guidance, and professional development to personnel.
- Facilitates recruitment, interviewing, hiring, orientation, training, and performance review of job roles.
- Generates timely and effective documents and communicates disciplinary actions. Accurately maintains personnel and credential files.
- Provides employees with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems, and in resolving escalated complaints or disputes.
- Addresses and coordinates staff training needs by developing standards and ensuring basic competencies for all staff. Identifies potential problem areas, develops a system for objectively monitoring performance, and creatively seeks solutions to foster quality improvement.
- Continuously optimizes staff roles and responsibilities to meet performance goals.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as requested.
Special Skills & Requirements.
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written. Must be able to communicate with providers, colleagues, and patients.
- High level of self-motivation and proactivity; detail-oriented, organized and ability to work independently.
- Able to develop partnerships, high functioning teams and good working relationships across work units.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Registered Nurse (RN, BSN, MSN), Bachelors or master’s in public health, Healthcare Administration, Global Health, or other related advanced degree required.
- Experience managing in ambulatory or hospital setting for at least 2 years preferred.
- Experience in project management and working with mobile clinics is preferred.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence, and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, internal providers and staff and other agency staff working in cooperation with the organization.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to constantly move about inside the workplace to assist patients, operate office or medical equipment, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone, other office machinery, and medical equipment.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
- Possesses range of body motion and ability to exert enough force to lift and move adult and pediatric patients.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to gather data in an organized fashion from varied sources.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments and make decisions requiring independent judgment.
- Ability to resolve challenges and work under pressure.
- Knowledge of health plans and community health centers preferred.
- Knowledge of HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Computer literacy required.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Records preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment of mobile clinics stationed and serving throughout the county.
- Work environment is typical of a health clinic setting with occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, and hazardous chemicals.
- Work occasionally involves use of needles and other medical equipment with proximity to electrical current, and exposure to moving mechanical parts and some hazardous chemicals.
- Work requires reliable transportation as position requires frequent travel and extended hours to include early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
Job Status: Full Time