Medical Support Staff Supervisor
Medical Support Staff Supervisor
Health Center Administrator-Sierra Vista Family Health Center
Supervises and directs medical support and laboratory staff in their assigned clinical area and assists provider and clinical staff in the administration of patient care.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted and/or applied in any way as necessary. Maintaining regular and punctual attendance is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
Supervises Medical Support and Laboratory Staff
- Supervises Medical Support staff and laboratory staff in their assigned clinical area, to include hiring, training, evaluating, and conducting disciplinary actions and other personnel actions as required.
- Ensures Medical Support and laboratory staff are in compliance with all CCHCI policies and procedures, and local, state, and federal regulations and laws.
- Assists in providing in-services and training, hands-on coaching, and other staff development tools and resources to medical support and laboratory staff and monitors performance.
- Performs as Medical Support Staff super-user, providing EHR training to medical support staff during new hire orientation and after EHR upgrades, and assists in workflow development.
Participates in and Implements Quality Assurance Initiatives
- Assists in implementing Meaningful Use and Patient Centered Medical Home Initiatives. Implements quality assurance projects to verify procedure implementation.
- Works closely with Clinic Leadership Team to resolve patient flow issues. Tracks and reports communicable diseases to the county health department as regulated. Participates in data gathering and reporting.
Performs Day to Day Operations
- Takes patient and staff complaints/compliments and involves other necessary staff to assess and resolve situation.
- Assists in ensuring that laboratory daily controls, temperature logs, inventories, specialist results fax logs and patient call-backs are being performed and kept up to date.
- Collaborates with Immunizations Program Coordinator to perform necessary VFC and Vaccine program quality management tasks such as logging medication, performing temperature checks, monthly ordering and participating in VFC audits.
Assists Provider in the Administration of Patient Care.
- Identifies patient health care service requirements while being aware of age specific needs and protocols.
- Directs patient to exam rooms, obtains and records accurate routine patient vital signs, prepares patient for examination, and assists in performing procedures, injections and other treatments as ordered by provider.
- Assists provider in examination of patients and gives instructions as directed by provider.
- Fills out appropriate immunization paperwork for recording purposes.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- At least three years experience working as medical support staff in a clinical setting.
- Supervisory or other leadership experience preferred.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills and sensitivity.
- Medical Assistant Certification or Military Medical Assistant Program or Grandfather Clause accepted.
- Current Registered or Certified Medical Assistant required.
- Current Phlebotomy Technician Certification required.
- Current EKG Technician Certification required.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required.
- Fingerprint clearance card required.
- Driver's License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement.
Job Status: Full Time