Medical Support Staff Supervisor
Job Title: Medical Support Staff Supervisor
Reports To: Health Center Administrator
Job Summary: Supervises and directs medical support staff in their assigned clinical area and assists provider and clinical staff in the administration of patient care.
Essential Job Duties:
- Supervises Medical Support Staff
- Supervises medical support staff in their assigned clinical area, to include hiring, training, evaluating, and conducting disciplinary actions and other personnel actions as required.
- Ensures Medical Support Staff are in compliance with all CCHCI policies and procedures, and local, state, and federal regulations and laws.
- Assists in providing in-services and training, hands-on coaching, and other staff development tools and resources to medical support staff and monitors performance.
- Performs as Medical Support Staff super-user, providing EMR training to medical support staff during new hire orientation and after EMR upgrades, and assists in workflow development.
- Ensures the center operates in an efficient and consistent manner and that the patients receive high quality customer service.
- Completes medical support staff schedule to assure adequate clinic coverage and coordinates coverage for support staff call offs and changes in provider schedules.
- Assists in implementing Meaningful Use and Patient Centered Medical Home Initiatives.
- Assists Health Center Administrator in completing monthly ADHS checklist walkthrough.
- Participates in and Implements Quality Assurance Initiatives
- Implements quality assurance projects to verify procedure implementation.
- Works closely with Clinic Leadership Team to resolve patient flow issues.
- Tracks and reports communicable diseases to the county health department as regulated.
- Participates in data gathering and reporting.
- Ensures center initiatives are of good quality and that center standards are met by adhering to requirements of governing agencies.
- Attends and participates in leadership, management, and other staff meetings as needed.
- Ensures standardization across CCHCI is in line with strategic goals and ‘big picture’ perspective.
Assists Provider in the Administration of Patient Care.
- Identifies patient health care service requirements while being aware of age specific needs and protocols.
- Directs patient to exam rooms, obtains and records accurate routine patient vital signs, prepares patient for examination, and assists in performing procedures, injections and other treatments as ordered by provider.
- Cleans and prepares rooms between patients and stocks exam rooms.
- Processes referrals, medication refill requests, and coordinates appointments for specific care and diagnostic procedures.
- Acts as a liaison between providers and other care givers.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- At least three years’ experience working as medical support staff in a clinical setting.
- Supervisory or other leadership experience preferred.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills and sensitivity.
- Medical Assistant Certification or Military experience in Medical Assistant Program or Grandfather Clause accepted.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a resume or letter of interest to Human Resources at www.cchci.org or fax: (520) 364-4261 or (520)515-8663.Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required.
Job Status: Full Time