Medical Provider Inbox Manager
Job Title: Medical Provider Inbox Manager
Reports To: Director of Community Medicine or Chief Medical Officer
Job Summary: Provides electronic health record inbox coverage for medical providers on leave.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted, and/or applied in any way, as necessary. Maintaining regular and punctual attendance is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties.
- Provides Coverage of Electronic Health Record (EHR) Inboxes:
- Per CCHCI procedure guidelines, covers/completes 1) EHR tasks2) Provider Approval Queue (PAQ) and 3) Patient Portal messages for adult, pediatric and women’s health medical providers who are on Paid Time Off (PTO), extended leave, and/or providers who have left CCHCI (until their patient panel has been reassigned).
- Engage in tele-health visits whenever appropriate to answers patient questions, address concerns, provide clarification/notification and to otherwise in general move every patient’s case forward appropriately while the primary care provider is out.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other therapies, and treatment regimens as appropriate.
- Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
- Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of nursing, care coordinators, and support staff.
- Ensures completion of tasks, patient labs, imaging, and reports, as well as required paperwork in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintains patient records and provides accurate billing data.
- Participates in in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention programs as appropriate.
- Provide clear and effective written communication regarding patient care and management to decisions to the Primary Care Providers who are being covered, with verbal notification and follow-up whenever appropriate and advantageous.
- Provide communication to appropriate clinical leadership whenever needed regarding any concerns of patient care.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Family Nurse Practitioner or Family Physician (MD or DO) with AZ State License and board certification in specified profession.
- Minimum three years of clinical experience.
- Must be comfortable in basic management of all ages and primary care diagnoses.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Facility with Electronic Health Records; experience with NextGen preferred
- Experience with Federally Qualified Health Centers preferred.
- Experience with tele-health preferred.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills and sensitivity.
- Participates in continuing medical education programs to maintain professional competence and skills.
- Driver’s License and proof of insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement.
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
Job Status: Full Time