Medical Operations Nurse Manager
Job Title: Medical Operations Nurse Manager
Reports To: Chief Medical Officer
Job Summary: Responsible for ongoing leadership and supervision of medical support staff and nursing staff involved in direct patient care.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The job duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties that fall within the broad scope of this classification may be assigned.
- Provides leadership for nursing and medical support staff.
- Supervises the Medical Support Staff Program Manager and Primary Care Nurses
- Defines and maintains the standards of nursing practice within Chiricahua Community Health Centers in accordance with the Arizona Nurse Practice Act.
- Cooperates with leadership team and personnel members to achieve departmental objectives and maintain productive employee relations.
- Maintains knowledge of regulatory requirements and legislation that impact clinical services and professional practice.
- Ensures the personnel and workplace resources necessary for the provision of safe, high-quality patient and family care.
- Responsible for ensuring that new medical support staff and nurses are trained and competent before providing patient care.
- Ensures that staff are audited at least annually and provided additional training and education when needed.
- Sets the standards for and oversees daily department operations in collaboration with departmental leadership team and staff.
- Advocates for personnel, workplace, and technology changes and resources necessitated by changes in standards of care or scope of practice.
- Accepts responsibility for personnel selection, setting performance expectations, and completing timely performance evaluations.
- Leads the application of new knowledge and innovation to advance improvements at the departmental and organizational level.
- In collaboration with Quality Assurance team, participates in ongoing Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement processes to oversee the quality of care rendered as it relates to medical support staff.
- Accepts responsibility for the outcomes of quality improvement initiatives, contributes to improvement efforts, and provides resources for effective improvement programs.
- Sets an expectation for staff participation in continuous improvement efforts and facilitates their contribution.
- Sets an expectation and provides the resources that permit staff participation in internal and external continuing education and professional development.
- Initiates, reviews, and maintains policies and procedures that govern nursing services.
Minimum Qualifications - Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing (RN).
- Minimum 5 years of nursing experience.
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Current Arizona State Nursing License (RN).
- Current CPR certification.
- Automobile and valid driver’s license necessary as position requires travel.
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Nursing.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence, and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, internal providers and staff and other agency staff working in cooperation with the organization.
- Ability to occasionally exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to constantly move about inside the workplace to assist patients, operate office or medical equipment, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone and other office machinery, and medical equipment.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to perform medical math that may include the use of ratio/proportion, dosage calculation, metric and household equivalents, roman numerals, abbreviations, and general math including percentages, etc.
- Ability to employ statistical / mathematical methods to collect and analyze data and develop solutions.
- Ability to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments and make decisions requiring considerable independent judgment.
- Ability to resolve challenges and work under pressure.
- Displays high level of critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and ability to maintain patient confidentiality and privacy at all times.
- Knowledge of health plans and community health centers preferred.
- Computer literacy required with proficiency in use of all Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
- Ability to employ motivational techniques to train, mentor, and lead staff.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to build effective teams.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is typical of an administrative office and health clinic setting with occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, and hazardous chemicals.
- Work includes frequent driving in normal and adverse weather conditions.
- Occasionally, work requires extended hours to include early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Work requires ability to be contacted by cell phone during or outside of regular work hours.
Job Status: Full Time