Job Title: Manager, Operations
Reports To: Chief Operations Officer
Job Summary: Plan, direct, administer, and coordinate Chiricahua Community Health Centers, Inc. Operations creating a result driven team within the Facilities Maintenance, Central Supply, Fleet, Security and Environmental Services departments and special projects as established by the Chief Operating Officer.
Qualifications and Requirements:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The job duties may be modified at any time based on the business needs.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide onsite support and management of direct reports, facilities, and fleet.
- Manage, coach, and develop a high performing team, that meets agreed objectives and delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements.
- Set departmental objectives/KPIs and assess ongoing performance of direct reports.
- Perform analysis and forecasting for strategic and operational planning.
- Evaluate the results of ongoing operations on a regular basis and report those results to the COO.
- Ensure that all functions operate in accordance with health, safety, and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff, patients, and visitors.
- Effective communication with staff, administration, and other departments on projects and tasks.
- Collaborates effectively and efficiently with various operational support departments to ensure service excellence, quality care and patient safety.
- Represents the organization’s mission and vision in community through both written and oral communication, membership on various health-related committees and organizations and professional presentations.
- Collaborate with operations team and other departments to assure smooth development and initiation of new services, programs, and new service locations.
- Ongoing evaluation of community needs to identify future organizational growth
- Regularly evaluate existing operations, policies and procedures against industry best practices and changing needs of the organization, and developing continuous improvement plans to address gaps and/or risks.
- Support and establish operational metrics to measure, monitor and improve project delivery and operational performance.
- Provide technical direction for development, design, and systems integration.
- Provide project planning and management for established initiatives.
- Determine and define clear roles and responsibilities for staff members required for specific projects or initiatives.
- Develop and ensure disaster recovery and business continuity capabilities for highest available environment.
- Demonstrate excellence in complex project management and effectively manage multiple projects/ priorities.
- Analyze daily, weekly, and monthly statistical reports and make appropriate recommendations/forecasts to operational teams.
- Provide accurate and relevant data to the team for use in strategic planning to access goals.
- Implement, coordinate, and optimize all logistic activities to include regular facility inspection and maintenance, fleet management, task management system, network design, inventory management, supply/demand planning, and management of third-party service providers.
- Establish and ensure adherence of policies and procedures that ensure appropriate sourcing and procurement in line with federal grant requirements and best practices.
- Support continuous quality improvement initiatives and identify inefficiencies and cost optimization opportunities.
- Establish metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements.
- Establish the tracking of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency.
- Direct, optimize, and coordinate full order cycle.
- Identify savings by removing waste or unnecessary steps in the logistics process.
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers, and consumers.
- Ensure all organizational operations and activities are being carried out in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations that govern healthcare and business operations.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Associate’s Degree in Business Administration, Logistics, or Supply Chain or related field and three years supervisory experience of Facilities Management, Project Management, and/or Logistics Management or,
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Logistics, or Supply Chain and one year supervisory experience of Facilities Management, Project Management, and/or Logistics Management or related departments.
- Must be 21 years of age and have a current AZ driver's license to qualify under company
- Driver's License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement.
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
Preferred Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Certification(s) in Project Management, Lean Six Sigma, OSHA or other relevant to health center operations, logistics and/or supply chain.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence, and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, internal providers and staff and other agency staff working in cooperation with the organization.
- Ability to frequently exert enough force to move objects weighing 50 pounds or more.
- Ability to frequently move about inside and outside the workplace to inspect work and perform maintenance.
- Ability to traverse short distances indoors and outdoors between work sites.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate power tools, small hand tools, operate a motor vehicle and other machinery.
- Possesses the visual acuity necessary to determine accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of work and to perform visual inspections of facilities and equipment for cleanliness and defects.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
- Ability to occasionally ascend and descend ladders to service and repair facilities, etc.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, reach, or otherwise position self to maintain equipment and facilities.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to gather data in an organized fashion from varied sources.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments and make decisions requiring considerable independent judgment.
- Displays high level of critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Displays sound and accurate judgment and ability to make timely decisions.
- Thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned duties.
- Knowledge of Human Resources Policies and procedures and Employee Handbook.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in use of all Microsoft Office programs preferred.
- Ability to employ motivational techniques to train, mentor, and lead staff.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to build effective teams.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment typical of indoor and outdoor maintenance or custodial work with occasional proximity to electrical current, exposure to moving mechanical parts, and some hazardous chemicals.
- Work is frequently performed outdoors with exposure to outside weather conditions to include heat and cold, and humid, windy, and dry conditions.
- Work requires reliable transportation as position requires frequent travel and may occasionally require extended hours to include early mornings, evenings, holidays, and weekends.
- Work includes frequent driving of company vehicle in normal and adverse weather conditions over improved and rough road surfaces.
- Work requires ability to be contacted by cell phone during or outside of regular work hours.
Job Status: Full Time