Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Job Title: IBH Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Reports To: Behavioral Health Program Manager
Job Summary: Provides educational and integrated health services that support treatment and maintenance of medical care for patient population.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted and/or applied in any way as necessary. Maintaining regular and punctual attendance is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
- Talks and listens to clients who are suffering setbacks in medical care due to psychological or behavioral issues.
- Assesses client needs, abilities or behavior using a variety of methods, including interviews and direct observation of behavior.
- Uses appropriate techniques for the evaluation and treatment of patients in medical examination environments.
- Documents and reviews documentation of integrated health visits, such as, demographic data, treatment plans, psychosocial history, progress notes, discharge planning, etc.
- Oversees and assists each assigned client with individualized service planning and reviews.
- Develops and implements intervention and treatment programs that the patients can interpret and comply with.
- Provides culturally sensitive therapy modalities and develops and provides new services.
- Assists in clinical discharge planning, referring clients to, or providing alternative services.
- Provides consultation and training to providers and staff about behavioral health services and clients.
- Provides reports and utilization management documents to other providers and agencies involved in client's care.
- Participates in Integrated Health staff meetings and other quality improvement meetings as needed.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work.
- Licensed in the State of Arizona as a Clinical Social Worker.
- Board Certification in the area specific to position being filled.
- One to two years of experience providing services in a medical setting using the integrated behavioral health model is strongly preferred.
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, internal providers and staff and other agency staff working in cooperation with the organization.
- Ability to occasionally exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to constantly move about inside the workplace to assist patients, operate office or medical equipment, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone, and other office machinery.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to skillfully gather and analyze data.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments and make decisions requiring considerable independent judgment.
- Displays high level of critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of health plans and community health centers, preferred.
- Computer literacy required.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Records preferred.
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is typical of a health clinic setting with occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids and hazardous chemicals.
- Work occasionally requires extended hours to include early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Work requires ability to be contacted by cell phone during or outside of regular work hours. Cell Phone stipend will be provided.