Reports To: Director of Laboratory Services
Job Summary: Assists in management and coordination of laboratory services throughout CCHCI
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted and/or applied in any way as necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assists Medical Support Staff Supervisor by providing oversight and guidance in the management of laboratories throughout CCHCI and to ensure compliance with ADHS, OSHA and CLIA standards.
- Develops and implements quality control programs for laboratory services
- Participates in CLIA inspections.
- Performs consistent internal audits and prepares reports on lab activity.
- Meets with Laboratory Technical Consultant monthly.
- Facilitates and provides laboratory orientation, operational training, hands-on coaching, and other staff development tools and resources for laboratory staff and other staff that provide laboratory services.
- Ensures staff working in laboratories follow applicable quality and non-conformance management procedures.
- Ensures maintenance of daily, weekly, and monthly control logs.
- Implements new testing methods and enforces laboratory testing and safety guidelines per CLIA-waiver guidelines.
- Ensures that laboratory documentation is accurate and complete in NextGen.
- Ensures that lab specimens and associated paperwork fulfill all requirements for transfer to contracted laboratories.
- Performs as a Laboratory lead at clinical sites as needed.
- Performs administrative and clinical laboratory duties as needed.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Two or more years of experience in Phlebotomy, preferred.
- Supervisory or other leadership experience preferred.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills and sensitivity.
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required.
- Phlebotomy Certification preferred, otherwise will become certified within six months of hire.
- Reliable transportation necessary as position requires travel.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred, but not required.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, internal providers and staff and other agency staff working in cooperation with the organization.
- Ability to occasionally exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to constantly move about inside the work place to assist patients, operate office or medical equipment, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone and other office machinery, and medical equipment.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
- Possesses range of body motion and ability to exert enough force to assist lifting and moving adult and pediatric patients.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to skillfully gather and analyze data.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments and make decisions requiring considerable independent judgment.
- Displays high level of critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of health plans and community health centers preferred.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Corporate Compliance rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of laboratory processing protocols.
- Computer literacy required with proficiency in use of all Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Records preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
- Ability to employ motivational techniques to train, mentor and lead staff.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is typical of an administrative office and health clinic setting with occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids and hazardous chemicals.
- Work occasionally involves use of medical equipment with proximity to electrical current, and exposure to moving mechanical parts and some hazardous chemicals.
- Work requires frequent travel and occasional extended hours to include early mornings, evenings, holidays and weekends.
- Work requires ability to be contacted by cell phone during or outside of regular work hours. Cell Phone stipend will be provided.
This job will require working out of Douglas, Bisbee and Sierra Vista clinics.
Job Status: Full Time