IT Support Technician
IT Support Technician
IT Support Supervisor
Assists in the maintenance and troubleshooting of a variety of technical supports related to the Clinics WAN (Wide Area Network) and LAN (Local Area Network) infrastructure to include the installation of hardware and software applications.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted and/or applied in any way as necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
- Installs and upgrades software and hardware applications, and configures according to clinic standards.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots and maintains computer systems and applications.
- Installs, diagnoses and troubleshoots basic problems with the LAN/WAN equipment, connections, and nodes, including workstations, servers, printers, modems, and peripheral equipment.
- Assigns and configures Network and Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
- Maintains helpdesk and inventory records, records and tracks problems and follows up to ensure resolution.
- Researches answers and provides end user support on site and remotely regarding supported software and hardware.
- Provides on-site introductory training on new hardware and software to end-users.
- Installs, terminates, tests and troubleshoots in-house station cable; coordinates cabling projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Equivalent to two years of college level coursework in computer science, information technology or a related field.
- Two years of experience in the installation, maintenance and repair of information technology hardware and/or software.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary combination of skills and sensitivity.
- NextGen Certified Professional in any of the following areas: Practice Management (PM) Configuration or Functionality or Electronic Health Record (HER) Configuration or Functionality or Document Management preferred.
- Must complete Connect Wise University within 90 days of employment.
- Automobile and valid driver’s license necessary as position requires travel.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documents and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, internal providers and staff and other agency staff working in cooperation with the organization.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Ability to frequently exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to occasionally move about inside the work place to access files, office machinery, etc.
- Ability to traverse short distances indoors and outdoors between work sites.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer equipment, telephone, and other office machinery.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, reach or otherwise position self to maintain equipment, install and maintain cable, including under desks and other narrow work areas.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstracts and concrete variables.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to skillfully gather and analyze data.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments with little or no direct supervision.
- Displays high level of critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of health plans and community health centers preferred.
- Expert Computer proficiency required.
- Proficiency in NextGen software preferred.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability using SQL 2005 Administration.
- Working knowledge with Crystal Reports and Remote Access Networks with Windows 2008.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of hardware and software installation, troubleshooting and maintenance; operation principles, methods, practices, options, and limitations of a wide range of computer hardware and software related to information technology systems
- Knowledge of research techniques, resources, methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of cabling practices and techniques.
- Ability to learn and support new software and hardware in a demanding, multi-tasking environment
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is usually typical of an administrative office setting with no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
- Work environment is occasionally typical of a health clinic setting with occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids and hazardous chemicals.
- Work environment occasionally includes work in a server room with occasional proximity to electrical current, exposure to moving mechanical parts, cold environmental conditions and cramped spaces.
- Work is rarely performed outdoors, but may include exposure to outside weather conditions to include heat and cold, and, humid, windy and dry conditions.
- Work requires frequent travel and flexible hours so that early morning, evenings and weekends are accommodated.
Nextgen experienced Preferred.
Job Status: Full Time