Provides and manages health care for patients in area of specialty.
Responsible for the diagnosis, treatment, and maintenance of medical care for the clinic population whether directly providing care, or indirectly through the use of specialists or community resources. Multiple openings.
Essential Job Functions:
1) Clinical Responsibilities
- Provides and manages direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses (including diagnostic evaluations of labs and imaging or other diagnostic procedures), and treatment for patients within the scope of practice based on evidenced based medicine.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
- Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
- Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of nursing, care coordinators, and support staff as required.
- As appropriate to the position, participates in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention programs.
- Maintains responsibility of tasks, patient labs, imaging, and reports, as well as required paperwork in a timely and efficient manner.
2) Procedural Responsibilities
- Maintains patient records and provides accurate billing data.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
3) Program Development
- Oversee and continue professional development of CCHCI PA, NP, and other clinical and outreach providers.
- Actively participate in education of clinical students from diverse backgrounds (PA, NP, MD, DO), as well as community partners and undergraduate students when appropriate as per the guidelines of CCHCI medical education programs.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty described above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Medical Doctor Graduate Degree
- Licensed in the State of Arizona as a Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy
- Board certification in the area specific to the position being filled, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of legal and ethical standards for the delivery of medical care.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Knowledge of community medical diagnostic and patient care services in area of specialty.
- Knowledge of current principles, methods and procedures for the delivery of medical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment in specialty.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops.
- Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
- Knowledge of relevant drugs and non-pharmaceutical patient care aids and ability to prescribe dosages and instruct patients in correct usage.
- Ability to read, comprehend and write instructions, correspondence and memos, either on paper, email, electronic medical systems, or letters.
- Fluency in English spoken and written required.
- Spanish fluency preferred.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
Possession of a current license to practice as a Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy in the State of Arizona.