Infectious Disease Program - RN
Job Title: Infectious Disease Program Registered Nurse
Reports To: Infectious Disease Program Manager
Job Summary: Assists Infectious Disease Program Manager in county-wide infection control, immunization, and testing efforts
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted and/or applied in any way, as necessary. Maintaining regular and punctual attendance is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties
- Assists Infectious Disease Program Manager in Community Infection Testing, Control, Reporting, Surveillance, and Immunizations
- Assist in submission of required reports
- Assure testing supplies are ordered/stocked in sufficient quantities to meet testing demand
- Assist the Infectious Disease Program Manager in notifying that all persons tested are informed of their test results based on CCHCI Standing Orders
- Assist with the preplanning of community testing and vaccination events
- Assist with tracking of infectious disease data
- As instructed, notify patients of test results
- Administer injections and perform nasal swabs
- Participate in team meetings to coordinate services
- Comply with infection control policies and protocols; follows medication administration, storage procedures and controlled substance regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by complying with infection control policies and protocols, following medication administration, storage procedures.
- Maintains documentation of patient care services by completing patient and department records in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assure quality of care by maintaining clinic standards of care while adhering to requirements of other governing agencies
- Ensure operation of medical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, reporting malfunctions, requesting repairs, maintaining equipment inventory, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- When needed, performs lab draws and maintain laboratory documents
- Proficient in laboratory point of care testing
- Comply with FIT testing requirements to assure proper fit of N95 masks
- Travel to any location as needed
- Job requires working some weekends, early morning, and evening hours
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Graduate from an accredited RN or state board of nursing approved program
- Current license to practice nursing in the state of Arizona
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required.
- Valid Fingerprint clearance card required.
- Driver's License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement. For Float positions, mileage may not be paid.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence, and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish may be preferred based on current staffing patterns, patient population, and/or duty assignment.
- Ability to frequently exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to constantly move about inside the workplace to assist patients, operate office or medical equipment, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone, other office machinery, and medical equipment.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
- Possesses range of body motion and ability to exert enough force to lift and move adult and pediatric patients.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to perform basic medical math that may include the use of ratio/proportion, dosage calculation, metric and household equivalents, roman numerals, abbreviations, and general math including percentages, etc.
- Ability to gather data in an organized fashion from varied sources.
- Ability to perform variety of assignments requiring independent judgment.
- Ability to resolve challenges and work under pressure.
- Knowledge of health plans and community health centers preferred.
- Knowledge of HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Computer literacy required.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Records preferred.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is typical of a health clinic setting with occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, and hazardous chemicals.
- Work frequently involves use of needles and other medical equipment with proximity to electrical current, and exposure to moving mechanical parts and some hazardous chemicals.
- Work requires reliable transportation as position requires occasional travel and extended hours to include early mornings, evenings, holidays, and weekends.
- If hired for a float position, position requires frequent travel to any health center as needed.
Job Status: Full Time