Infectious Disease Program-Medical Assistant
Job Title: Infectious Disease Program Medical Assistant
Reports To: Infectious Disease Program Manager-Bisbee
Job Summary: Assists Infectious Disease Program Manager in CCHCI-wide infection control, and population/community surveillance plan for Cochise County
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted and/or applied in any way, as necessary. Maintaining regular and punctual attendance is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
Assists Infectious Disease Program Manager in Community Infection Testing, Control, Reporting, Surveillance, and Immunization
- Assist in submission of required reports
- Assure testing supplies are ordered/stocked in sufficient quantities to meet testing demand
- Assist the Infectious Disease Program Manager in notifying that all persons tested are informed of their test results based on CCHCI Standing Orders
- Assist with the preplanning of community testing and vaccination events
- Assist with tracking of infectious disease data
- Participate in team meetings to coordinate services
- Comply with infection control policies and protocols; follows medication administration, storage procedures and controlled substance regulations.
- Ensure operation of medical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, reporting malfunctions, requesting repairs, maintaining equipment inventory, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- When needed, performs lab draws and maintains laboratory documents
- Proficient in laboratory point of care testing
- Travel to any location as needed
- Job requires working some weekends, early morning, and evening hours
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Medical Assistant Certificate, Military Medical Assistant Program, or Grandfather Clause accepted.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required.
- Fingerprint clearance card required.
- Driver's License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement. For Float positions, mileage may not be paid.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence, and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish may be preferred based on current staffing patterns, patient population, and/or duty assignment.
Job Status: Full Time