Infectious Disease Program Manager
Job Title: Infectious Disease Program Manager
Reports To: Manager of Public Health Programs
Job Summary: Community health-driven individual responsible for 1) maintaining and growing an evidence-based, data-driven CCHCI-wide infectious disease prevention and response program, and 2) population/community level infection surveillance program for Cochise County for population-level infectious disease epidemics, 3) establish and maintain internal and external collaborations to address infectious diseases of concern.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The job duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties that fall within the broad scope of this classification may be assigned.
Infectious Disease Education, Testing, Control, Reporting and Surveillance
- Maintain, develop, and implement evolving strategies for infectious disease surveillance and needs assessments, with the purpose of recognizing opportunities to implement infectious disease prevention and treatment programs. Inclusive of all infectious diseases of concern throughout the service area.
- Sustain a working relationship with the county health department, ADHS, hospitals and other vested entities, to include relevant collaborations with Mexican professionals.
- Provide up-to-date information, consultation, and education regarding infectious disease to employees, the public, and the media.
- Collaborate closely with community and clinical vaccination efforts. Ensure a dynamic approach is tailored to fit the current need of patients and community members.
- Through regular report analysis (EHR, laboratory portals, etc.), ensure that all persons tested at CCHCI for infectious disease are informed of their result in a timely and effective manner.
- Work with the Public Relations/Media Specialist within CCHCI to advertise events, pertinent testing/vaccine updates, and coordinate media messages.
- Ensure compliance with mandatory reporting requirements of all infectious disease related diagnoses and/or data in CCHCI operations to county and state health departments.
- Submit all required infectious disease reports, internal and external, including but not limited to HRSA, ADHS, CCHSS, CCHCI Board of Directors and Leadership, and others as needed.
- Assure Covid-19 and any emerging infectious disease of concern testing supplies are ordered/stocked in sufficient quantities to meet testing demand.
- Maintain Covid-19 database any emerging infectious disease in support of testing results, immunizations, etc.
- Participate as an integral team member, collaborating with various departments and colleagues, including Clinical Leadership, Operations, Corporate Compliance/Risk Management, Human Resources, Quality, and others as needed.
- Supervise program staff as needed.
Data Driven Infectious Disease Prevention, Response and Collaboration
- Establish and maintain regular internal infectious disease data dashboards focused on selected HEDIS and non-HEDIS measures.
- Increase utilization of both internal and external data for tracking and analysis of infectious disease data among CCHCI patients and regional population surveillance in general.
- Review available risk assessments at least annually and as needed with consideration of served populations, regional vulnerabilities, relevant statistical data, and new and emerging infectious diseases. Conduct needs assessments as needed.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement procedures and protocols based on data for patient and community care relating to infectious disease control and quality management.
- Maintain regular internal Infectious Disease Committee that analyzes, discusses, and strategizes around internal dashboards and available external infectious disease data with the purpose of program development to prevent and control infectious diseases.
- Maintain regular binational infectious disease advisory committee that utilizes CCHCI and public health infectious disease data originating from both US and Sonora, Mexico.
- Leadership & Representation
- Writes and participates in grant application, management, and reporting. Ensures all pertinent grant deliverables are met.
- Participates in community outreach events throughout service area as needed.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal requirements and accreditation bodies.
- Facilitates data-driven reviews of effectiveness of services and seeks to continuously strengthen and improve on services.
- Responsible for policies and procedures within the organization related to infectious disease surveillance and response.
- Represent CCHCI with outside organizations as applicable at a regional, state, national and (potentially) international meetings.
Minimum Qualifications – Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Registered Nurse RN (Associate or bachelor’s program), Master’s in Public Health, Masters in Epidemiology, or other relevant public health or healthcare degree.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Advanced education and experience in community health, public health, epidemiology and/or data analysis is highly desirable.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence, and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, internal providers and staff and other agency staff working in cooperation with the organization.
- Ability to occasionally exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to constantly move about inside the workplace to assist patients, operate office or medical equipment, etc.
- Ability to traverse short distances indoors and outdoors between work sites.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone, and other office machinery.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and visual acuity necessary to frequently operate a motor vehicle in normal and adverse weather conditions.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to employ statistical / mathematical methods to collect and analyze data and develop solutions.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments and make decisions requiring considerable independent judgment.
- Ability to utilize Electronic Medical Records and data base management.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient and have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Demonstrate problem solving skills including planning and establishing priorities.
- Displays high level of critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Displays sound and accurate judgment and ability to make timely decisions.
- Knowledge of health plans and community health centers preferred.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Corporate Compliance rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of Human Resources policies and procedures and Employee Handbook.
- Computer literacy required with proficiency in use of all Microsoft Office programs.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
- Ability to employ motivational techniques to train, mentor, and lead staff.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to build effective teams.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work is frequently performed both indoors and outdoors with exposure to outside weather conditions to include heat and cold, and humid, windy, and dry conditions.
- Work includes frequent driving in normal and adverse weather conditions over improved and rough road surfaces.
- Work requires reliable transportation as position requires frequent travel and extended hours to include early mornings, evenings, holidays, and weekends.
- Work requires ability to be contacted by cell phone during or outside of regular work hours.
Job Status: Full Time