Job Title: Immunizations Specialist
Reports To: Medical Support Staff Supervisor
Job Summary: Assists Immunizations Coordinator in the management of the immunization program in assigned center.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted and/or applied in any way as necessary. Maintaining regular and punctual attendance is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
Assists in Management of Immunization Administration
- Manages all patient vaccine data, including updating Arizona State Immunization Information System (ASIIS), Electronic Health Records, and all patient and/or external records at each patient visit.
- Readies any available immunization information prior to the time of visit with the provider.
- Stores and administers immunizations according to VFC guidelines.
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures regarding immunization practices.
- Identifies patient immunization requirements in accordance with age specific needs and protocols.
- Fills out appropriate immunization paperwork for recording purposes.
Assists Immunizations Coordinator in the Compliance of Patient Immunization Requirements
- Facilitates vaccine inventory control at assigned health center.
- Acts as a liaison between providers and care givers.
- Generates reports on patients and contacts them for immunization compliance and updates.
- Assists in ensuring compliance with infection control policies and protocols and follows medication administration, storage procedures and CDC and federal VFC program guidelines.
- Performs other medical assistant duties as needed to support providers and clinical staff in the administration of patient care.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One to two years of experience in pediatric clinic setting preferred.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills and sensitivity.
- Medical Assistant Certification or Military experience in Medical Assistant Program required.
- Certified or Registered Medical Assistant Certification required.
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required.
- Finger print clearance card required.
- Driver's License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement.
Job Status: Full Time