IBH Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Job Title: IBH Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Reports To: Director of Behavioral Health
Job Summary: Provides educational and integrated health services that support treatment and maintenance of medical care for patient population.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The job duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties that fall within the broad scope of this classification may be assigned.
- Talks and listens to clients who are suffering setbacks in medical care due to psychological or behavioral issues.
- Assesses client needs, abilities or behavior using a variety of methods, including interviews and direct observation of behavior.
- Uses appropriate techniques for the evaluation and treatment of patients in medical examination environments.
- Documents and reviews documentation of integrated health visits, such as, demographic data, treatment plans, psychosocial history, progress notes, discharge planning, etc.
- Oversees and assists each assigned client with individualized service planning and reviews.
- Develops and implements intervention and treatment programs that the patients can interpret and comply with.
- Provides culturally sensitive therapy modalities and develops and provides new services.
- Provides counseling services for CCHCI patients that are in need of services with a schedule designed to meet the needs of the clinic.
- Assists in clinical discharge planning, referring clients to, or providing alternative services.
- Provides consultation and training to providers and staff about behavioral health services and clients.
- Provides reports and utilization management documents to other providers and agencies involved in client's care.
- Participates in Integrated Health staff meetings and other quality improvement meetings as needed.
Minimum Qualifications - Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work.
- Licensed in the State of Arizona as a Clinical Social Worker.
- Board Certification in the area specific to position being filled.
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- One to two years of experience providing services in a medical setting using the integrated behavioral health model is strongly preferred.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence, and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, internal providers and staff and other agency staff working in cooperation with the organization.
- Ability to occasionally exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to constantly move about inside the workplace to assist patients, operate office or medical equipment, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone, and other office machinery.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to skillfully gather and analyze data.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments and make decisions requiring considerable independent judgment.
- Displays high level of critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of health plans and community health centers, preferred.
- Computer literacy required.
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is typical of a health clinic setting with occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, and hazardous chemicals.
- Work occasionally requires extended hours to include early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Work requires ability to be contacted by cell phone during or outside of regular work hours.