Human Resources Generalist
Job Title: Human Resources Generalist
Reports To: Human Resources Manager
Job Summary: Performs Human Resources-related duties pertaining to Employee Relations, Training, Benefits, Compensation, and Employment Equity programs.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted and/or applied in any way as necessary. Maintaining regular and punctual attendance is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provides Human Resources Support
- Responds to employee complaints, harassment allegations, civil rights complaints, and other employee relations issues.
- Maintains employee personnel files and retention records of terminated employees.
- Maintains records of mandated compliance, such as TB tests, Hepatitis B immunizations, CPR certifications and sends notices to employees to ensure compliance.
- Maintains Affordable Care Act compliance requirements.
- Administers and coordinates FMLA with employees and maintains required documentation.
- Administers and coordinates Short Term Disability with employees.
- Maintains Human Resource Database. Assists in developing and revising Human Resources policy and procedure.
- Communicates Human Resources policies, procedures, standards and government regulations to staff.
- Facilitates and/or provides training and staff development, to include orientation.
- Assists in recruitment for organization to include job postings, reviewing applications and forwarding to appropriate managers/supervisors for review.
- Facilitates and participates in the screening and interviewing process and makes offers of employment.
- Gathers and coordinates employment information to include OIG, E-verify, Arizona New Hire Reporting, individual Background checks, CDL licensing, & pre-employment drug screens.
- Assists with development and review of job descriptions and updates as required.
- Assists with gathering and analyzing data for compliance reports.
- Assists Human Resources Manager with various research projects and/or special projects.
- Works closely with payroll to ensure payroll, PTO accrual, and deductions are accurate.
Coordinates and Supports Implementation of Employee Benefits Programs
- Acts as liaison between benefits providers and employees. Provides information about employee grievances to benefits providers.
- Maintains communication with account representatives regarding any changes in policy coverage.
- Conducts regular benefits information and enrollment meetings for newly eligible employees.
- Plans, schedules and conducts annual open enrollment for benefits. Cancels employee benefit plans upon termination of employees.
- Calculates, analyzes and monitors costs of employee benefits plans. Works closely with finance department to ensure accurate and timely processing of benefit provider payments.
- Sends COBRA packets to recently terminated employees.
- Coordinates employee 403B plan and makes bi-weekly payments of employee 403B contributions.
- Provides information regarding employee assistance and wellness programs.
- Oversees standard occupational safety programs that include first-aid training and routine employee medical physicals.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources strongly preferred or a related course of study preferred.
- Minimum of two years of Human Resources experience, including experience and knowledge involving employee relations, benefits, hiring/selection, govt. regulations, payroll etc.
- HRCI or equivalent certification preferred, or HRCI certification within 1 year of hire required.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills and sensitivity.
- Driver's License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement.
Job Status: Full Time