Healthcare Contract Specialist
Job Title: Healthcare Contract Specialist
Reports To: Risk Manager/Corporate Compliance Officer
Job Summary: The Healthcare Contract Specialist will support the Risk Manager/Compliance Officer with healthcare related contract development, review, facilitation, execution and researching required legal/regulatory contract terms. He/she will provide administrative support to assist with all phases of contract management.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The job duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties that fall within the broad scope of this classification may be assigned.
- Responsible for drafting and reviewing new contracts, reviewing and disseminating agreements, MOU’s to responsible parties for input and facilitation on both internally and externally received.
- Prepare contractual agreements researching required terms and content
- Collaborate with Risk/Compliance team as well as contacting and collaborating with outside counsel, attorneys, paralegals, and regulatory staff if needed for high level/high risk contract terms.
- Ensure that the terms of contractual agreements written in language that is legally binding and in accordance with the desires of CCHCI and protections of FTCA
- Upload and maintain storage of MOU’s, agreements, contracts and legal documents
- Manage the agreements workflow, including monitoring incoming contracts, MOU’s and all agreements for review by Risk Manager
- Manage agreements module in the electronic system for retention and notification of expiring and terminating contracts
- Responsible for tracking completion and execution of contracts through the entire contract workflow process
- Self-monitor progress according to the schedule of completion to submit contract review drafts in a timely manner
- Proofread, edit, and fact-check agreements, contracts and MOU’s for accuracy and consistency, according to current internal contract standards
- Responsible for initiating, developing, reviewing and routing of contracts, agreements & MOU’s
- Maintains records of contract activity for benchmark purposes and works to improve workflow efficiencies.
- Assist with administrative needs and projects
- Take steps to gain deep knowledge of Chiricahua Community Health Centers, Inc mission and values
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor and Chief’s
Minimum Qualifications - Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- A minimum of one (1) year of healthcare experience is required.
- Associates degree in paralegal studies, legal assistant or related contract field
- A combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence, and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Conflict management skills
- Critical thinking and deep understanding of collaboration
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, internal providers and other staff, and external personnel working in cooperation with the organization.
- Ability to occasionally exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods.
- Ability to occasionally move about inside the workplace to access files, operate office equipment, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone, and other office machinery.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to research, analyze and assimilate information from various sources. Must exhibit critical thinking skills and possess the ability to prioritize workload.
- Must be action-oriented, have business acumen, manage conflict well, be customer focused, have high decision quality, flexibility to adapt to ongoing change and have organizational agility.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment when assigning incident reports.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Must be proactive and responsive with excellent follow up and organizational skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Must have strong time management skills.
- Must maintain high level of attention to detail.
- Well-developed communication skills, both written and oral, that may be used either in an on-site or virtual environment is required.
- Able to communicate effectively with individuals and groups representing diverse perspectives.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation required
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively and efficiently
- Attention to detail required
- Proficient computer skills and use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Possesses a high degree of personal accountability, responsibility, and independent decision-making abilities with the skills to interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the organization in line with mission, vision, and philosophy of CCHCI.
- Possess strong personal integrity and ethical principles.
- Excellent organization, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others.
- Responsible and self-motivated.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle confidential client information
- Ability to employ statistical / mathematical methods to collect and analyze data and develop solutions.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments and make decisions requiring considerable independent judgment.
- Displays moderate level of critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of community health centers preferred.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Corporate Compliance rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and legislation that impact clinical services and professional practice.
- Computer literacy required with proficiency in use of all Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is usually typical of an administrative office setting with no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Job Status: Full Time