Health Center Administrator
Reports To: Health Center Manager - Medical
Job Summary: To supervise and direct the staff and operational, administrative and clinical functions, activities, and programs of their assigned clinical site.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted and/or applied in any way as necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provides Proactive Center Management
- Supervises and oversees clinical administrative and medical support staff, to include hiring, training, evaluating, and conducting disciplinary actions and other personnel actions as required.
- Assists in the supervision, provides direction and is a resource for all staff in their assigned health center.
- Ensures provider scheduling is accurate and in compliance with insurance contractual requirements.
- Ensures the center operates in an efficient and consistent manner and that the patients receive high quality customer service.
- Ensures health center operations are in compliance with CCHCI policies and procedures as well as all local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assists in providing orientation, customer service and operational training, hands-on coaching, and other staff development tools and resources to all center personnel and monitors performance.
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures regarding operations and management of all center departments.
- Conducts regular operational meetings effectively.
- Assists in implementing Meaningful Use and Patient Centered Medical Home Initiatives.
- Provides center management for any health center in the absence of the assigned Health Center Administrator.
- Participates in and Implements Quality Assurance Initiatives
- Creates and implements quality assurance projects to verify procedure implementation.
- Implements innovative strategies for responding to evolving demands for modern medical practices.
- Acts as a liaison between providers, hospitals and other institutions.
- Ensures center initiatives are of good quality and that center standards are met by adhering to requirements of governing agencies.
- Participates in data gathering and reporting.
- Attends and participates in leadership, management, and other staff meetings as needed, setting a unified tone for the organization.
- Ensures standardization across CCHCI is in line with strategic goals and ‘big picture’ perspective.
- Performs Day to Day Operations
- Takes patient and staff complaints/compliments and involves other necessary staff to assess and resolve situation.
- Oversees and assists in the maintenance of centers in a fashion that meets all State and Federal regulations.
- Adjusts support staff scheduling to ensure adequate center coverage and effective time usage.
- Ensures equipment is in good working order and coordinates appropriate maintenance and repair.
- If Medical Assistant certificate is held, performs Medical Support Staff duties as needed.
- Performs clinical administrative/Patient Service Representative duties as needed.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Associates and/or Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, medical case management, nursing, healthcare administration, public health, business management or a related field preferred.
- Supervisory or other leadership experience required.
- Medical Assistant certificate and/or experience preferred.
- Two to four years’ experience in health care related field.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills and sensitivity.
- Automobile and valid driver’s license necessary as position requires occasional travel.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred, but not required.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, internal providers and staff and other agency staff working in cooperation with the organization.
- Ability to occasionally exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to occasionally move about inside the work place to access files, office machinery, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone, and other office machinery.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to skillfully gather and analyze data.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments and make decisions requiring considerable independent judgment.
- Displays high level of critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of billing, medical records, medical office operations and health plans preferred.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Corporate Compliance rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of Human Resources Policies and procedures and Employee Handbook.
- Computer literacy required with proficiency in use of all Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Records preferred.
- Ability to facilitate communication and problem solving between providers, support staff and patients.
- Ability to employ motivational techniques to train, mentor and lead staff.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to build effective teams.
- Ability to positively represent CCHCI to the public at all times.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is typical of a health clinic setting with occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids and hazardous chemicals.
- Work requires occasional travel and extended hours to include early mornings, evenings, holidays and weekends.
- Work requires ability to be contacted by cell phone during or outside of regular work hours. Cell Phone stipend will be provided.
Job Status: Full Time