Director of Dental Services
Provide a high standard of preventative and general dental services within designated guidelines to clinic patients under direction of the Director of Dental services.
Responsible for providing treatment that meets or exceeds the standard of care; working in collaboration with dental staff during treatment of patients.
**At this time, CCHCI is only interviewing General Dentist exceptionally committed to community medicine and/or fluent in the Spanish Language.**
Essential Job Functions
Provide Dental Health care procedures to CCHCI patients.
- Deliver General dental services to CCHCI patients within defined parameters of what actual procedures the clinic can cover
- Provides and manages direct patient dental care, including new patient examinations, annual evaluations, emergency assessments, and treatment for patients.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed dental conditions.
- As appropriate to the position, participates in specified dental health promotion
- Encourage improvement and advancement of professional skills and competence of the staff
- Participation in continuing medical/dental education programs to remain abreast of current developments, skills procedures and treatments in order to maintain professional competence and skills
- Develop treatment plans for dental patients
Qualifications and Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty described above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/ or Experience:
- DDS or DMD- licensed in Arizona
- Minimum of three years clinical experience preferred
- Ability to read, comprehend and write instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Ability to gather data in an organized fashion from varied sources
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret graphs
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in oral, written or visual format.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments required considerable exercise of independent judgment.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
- As available to support education and experience claims.
- Certified Professional preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Dental health plans and community health centers preferred.
- Knowledge of legal and ethical standards for the delivery of dental care.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Computer literacy required
- Willingness to help develop and follow innovative Dental practice programs.
Job Status: Full Time