Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted and/or applied in any way as necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
- Supervises CDL staff, to include hiring, training, evaluating, and conducting disciplinary actions and other personnel actions as required.
- Assists in providing operational training, hands-on coaching, and other staff development tools and resources to CDL staff.
- Oversees and assigns regular daily vehicle maintenance and inspects work for completeness.
- Transfers equipment and CDL personnel from one location to another as necessary.
- Keeps accountability of all routine vehicle records.
- Maintains, coordinates and completes minor repairs on all Mobile clinics and ensures their operation.
- Coordinates and performs general maintenance and repairs of the mechanical, electrical, heating, cooling and ventilation systems of all vehicles, to include oil changes, tire rotations, lubing.
- Assists with the coordination and communicates to the Facility Maintenance/Fleet Manager any major work on the electrical, plumbing, mechanical and other related systems on the Mobile clinics or staff vehicles.
- Ensures vehicle safety and conducts operational checks of all CCHCI vehicles on a daily basis.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Two years of experience in general maintenance or other maintenance responsibilities that would include the ability to recognize electrical, plumbing, and mechanical malfunctions or equipment failures. Formal training in related fields may be substituted on a year-for year basis.
- Two years of experience in transportation, safety, or related services, preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills and sensitivity.
- Maintain valid Arizona driver's license, qualified under company insurance.
- Completed Supervisor Driver/Transportation training on an annual basis.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to accurately comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, internal providers and other staff, and external personnel working in cooperation with the organization.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend complex instructions, forms, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to frequently exert enough force to move objects weighing 50 pounds or more.
- Ability to frequently move about inside and outside the mobile medical clinic to perform maintenance.
- Ability to traverse short distances indoors and outdoors between work sites.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to occasionally operate small hand tools, operate a motor vehicle and other machinery.
- Possesses the visual acuity necessary to determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of work and to perform visual inspections of facilities and equipment for cleanliness and defects.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, reach or otherwise position self to maintain equipment and facilities, including under desks and other narrow work areas.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to skillfully gather and analyze data.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments and make decisions requiring considerable independent judgment.
- Displays sound and accurate judgment and ability to make timely decisions.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Corporate Compliance rules and regulations.
- Computer literacy required with proficiency in use of all Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of all policies and procedures, and applicable state and federal laws regarding vehicle care and transportation services.
- Thorough knowledge of the occupation hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned duties.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
- Ability to employ motivational techniques to train, mentor and lead staff.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to build effective teams.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is frequently outdoors or on board a mobile medical clinic with occasional exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids as well as exposure to moving mechanical parts, and some hazardous chemicals.
- Work is frequently performed outdoors with exposure to outside weather conditions to include heat and cold, and, humid, windy and dry conditions.
- Work includes frequent driving in normal and adverse weather conditions over improved and rough road surfaces during day and night.
- Work requires extended hours to include early mornings, evenings, holidays and weekends and may also include split shifts.
- Work requires ability to be contacted by cell phone during or outside of regular work hours. Cell Phone stipend will be provided.
Job Status: Full Time