Family Practice Physician
Reports To: Director of Adult and Family Medicine
Job Summary: Provides and manages a high standard of health care for patients in area of specialty.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted and/or applied in any way as necessary. Maintaining regular and punctual attendance is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provides and manages direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnostic evaluations of labs and imaging or other diagnostic procedures, and treatment for patients within scope of practice.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate.
- Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
- Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of nursing, care coordinators, and support staff.
- Ensures completion of tasks, patient labs, imaging, and reports, as well as required paperwork in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintains patient records and provides accurate billing data.
- Participates in in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention programs as appropriate.
- Participates in providing regular and meaningful peer review and feedback to other medical providers.
- Assists in facilitating and providing training and mentorship to improve and advance professional skills and competence of Physician's Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, and other clinical and outreach providers and staff.
- Participates in education of clinical students, as well as community partners and undergraduate students, per the guidelines of CCHCI medical education programs.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) in General Practice, Family Practice, or Internal Medicine with current Arizona State License as a Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy.
- Board Certification in specified profession preferred.
- Three or more years of clinical experience preferred.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills and sensitivity.
- Current CPR certification.
- Driver's License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement.
- Participates in continuing medical education programs to maintain professional competence and skills.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose effective instructions, correspondence and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred, but not required.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, internal providers and staff and other agency staff working in cooperation with the organization.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.