Family Planning Program Coordinator
Job Title: Family Planning Program Coordinator
Reports To: Women’s Health Supervisor
Job Summary: Collaborates with clinical team members, patients, and families to facilitate unmet health care needs within the context of Arizona Family Health Partnership Family Planning Program/Title X
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted and/or applied in any way, as necessary. Maintaining regular and punctual attendance is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
- Promotes the Family Health Partnership Family Planning Program.
- Assists in promoting and implementing Title X initiatives within the context of institutional and community forums.
- Regularly participates in leadership, staff, and other quality improvement meetings to educate staff and facilitate participation in Arizona Family Health Partnership initiatives.
- Monitor the completion of data requirements and periodic reporting requirements for all Family Planning clients.
- Performs duties related to family planning as assigned.
- Provide patient education, appointment scheduling.
- Organize and facilitate Family Planning care throughout CCHCI clinics.
- Track, coordinates and maintain management of birth control devices.
- Assist patients with completing Title X applications.
- Coordinates preventative health care measures and health care maintenance for defined patient populations.
- Manages insurance company correspondence regarding patient care.
- Identifies and tracks patients in need of follow up in collaboration with provider.
- Follows up on missed appointments for defined patient populations.
- Schedule and confirm patient appointment.
Maintains Supply Inventory
- Process and prepares purchase of birth control device orders with accordance to Family Health Planning requirements and ensures that inventory quantities are sufficient for needs.
- Verify medical insurance coverage and eligibility.
- Conduct inventory of devices and maintains file of purchase list.
- Collaborates with providers and CCHCI procurement department with birth control device order request.
- Track and monitor delivery birth control devices orders.
Coordinates Specialty Care
- Builds and maintains relationships with specialists and other medical services.
- Negotiates rates for underinsured and uninsured populations.
- Manages and submits necessary documentation.
- Follows up on outstanding referrals.
- Assists patient with potential barriers to specialty care.
- Coordinate in-house clinics for visiting specialists in collaboration with leadership team.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Associate degree in a field of case management, social work, or related field preferred.
- At least two years of experience in case management, nursing, or other related health care field.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills and sensitivity.
- CPR certification may be required for licensed staff.
- Driver’s License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement.
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Ability to occasionally exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to constantly move about inside the workplace to assist patients, operate office or medical equipment, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone, and other office machinery.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to gather data in an organized fashion from varied sources.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments occasionally requiring independent judgment.
- Ability to deal with challenges involving several variables in routine situations.
- Knowledge of health plans and community health centers preferred.
- Must have some knowledge of pre-paid insurance plans, Medicaid and Medicare and the ACA.
- Knowledge of HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Computer literacy required.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Records preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is typical of a health clinic setting with occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, and hazardous chemicals.
- Community outreach work is occasionally performed both indoors and outdoors with exposure to outside weather conditions to include heat and cold, and humid, windy, and dry conditions.
- Work requires reliable transportation as position requires frequent travel and extended hours to include early mornings, evenings, and weekends for community outreach events.
Job Status: Full Time