Reports To: Facilities Maintenance/Fleet Manager
Job Summary: Conducts general maintenance, construction and upkeep of buildings, grounds, and equipment.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted and/or applied in any way as necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintains CCHCI facilities.
- Installs, inspects, repairs and maintains the electrical, plumbing, mechanical and other related systems in all CCHCI locations.
- Inspects, operates and maintains the heating, cooling and ventilation systems in all CCHCI locations.
- Conducts general repairs and maintenance such as painting, patching walls, installing security hardware, hanging shelves and landscaping.
- Cleans building facilities to include cleaning floors and gathering and emptying trash.
- Mixes and uses chemical ingredients for cleaning.
- Drives vehicles required to perform or travel to cleaning or maintenance work, including vans, industrial trucks, or industrial vacuum cleaners.
- Monitors building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and ensuring that hazards are not created.
- Moves heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies.
- Requisitions supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Performs construction and renovation of CCHCI facilities.
- Prepares, maintains, and cleans work site by clearing debris, trash, tools, equipment and other potentially hazardous materials.
- Loads, unloads and handles construction materials on site or in storage.
- Mixes, pours, and smooths out cement in designated areas.
- Erects, disassembles and repairs scaffolding and temporary structures.
- Operates and maintains power tools and heavy machinery to include saws, drills, grinders, mechanical hoists, cement mixers, and pneumatic hammers.
- Installs floors, ceilings, and roofing.
- Builds, repairs and demolishes walls, doors and framework.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Two years’ experience in general maintenance or other maintenance responsibilities that would include the ability to recognize electrical, plumbing, and mechanical malfunctions or failures. Formal education or training in related field can be substituted on a year-for year basis.
- Must be 21 years of age and have a current AZ driver's license to qualify under company insurance.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to accurately comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Ability to frequently exert enough force to move objects weighing 50 pounds or more.
- Ability to frequently move about inside and outside the work place to perform maintenance.
- Ability to traverse short distances indoors and outdoors between work sites.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate power tools, small hand tools, operate a motor vehicle and other machinery.
- Possesses the visual acuity necessary to determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of work and to perform visual inspections of facilities and equipment for cleanliness and defects.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
- Ability to occasionally ascend and descend ladders to service and repair ceilings, lights, etc.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, reach or otherwise position self to maintain equipment and facilities, including under desks and other narrow work areas.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to occasionally perform a variety of assignments requiring independent judgment.
- Thorough knowledge of the occupation hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned duties.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment typical of construction, maintenance or custodial work with frequent proximity to electrical current, exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, vibration, and hazardous chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
- Work is occasionally performed outdoors with exposure to outside weather conditions to include heat and cold, and, humid, windy and dry conditions.
- Work includes frequent driving in normal and adverse weather conditions over improved and rough road surfaces during day and night.
- Occasionally, work requires extended hours to include early mornings, evenings, holidays and weekends.
- Work requires ability to be contacted by cell phone during or outside of regular work hours. Cell Phone stipend will be provided.
Job Status: Full Time