Facilities Maintenance / Landscaping
Reports To: Facilities Maintenance/Fleet Manager
Job Summary: Performs general landscaping to include the upkeep of buildings, grounds, and equipment.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted and/or applied in any way as necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintains CCHCI Building Exteriors
- Cleans exterior of buildings to include washing walls and windows.
- Maintains parking lots, curbs, sidewalks and other walkways clear of debris.
- Identifies and reports needs for any maintenance work that needs immediate attention.
- Requisitions supplies and equipment needed for maintenance duties.
- Maintains all irrigation equipment to include hoses, drip irrigation and timers.
- Maintains pruning, trimming shrubs, flower beds, replanting and watering schedules.
- Gathers and empties trash on the exterior and interior of buildings, manually or using industrial vacuum cleaners or blowers.
- Drives vehicles required to travel to or to perform work, including vans, industrial trucks, or industrial vacuum cleaners.
- Assists in Maintaining CCHCI Facilities and Equipment
- Conducts repairs such as painting, patching walls, security hardware, hanging shelves.
- Performs minor renovations of existing facilities.
- Installs, inspects, repairs and maintains electrical, plumbing, mechanical and other related systems.
- Assists with the coordination of major contract work on the electrical, plumbing, mechanical and other related systems.
- Assists in Maintaining Cleanliness of CCHCI Facilities
- Cleans interior building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
- Cleans up after every project to ensure sanitary conditions are met for patients and the general public.
- Monitors building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors, windows or any opening into a secure building during maintenance operations.
- Moves heavy furniture, equipment, or supplies.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Two years’ experience in general maintenance or other maintenance responsibilities or work in an agricultural/landscaping environment. Formal education or training in related field can be substituted on a year-for year basis.
- Must be 21 years of age and have a current AZ driver's license to qualify under company insurance.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to accurately comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Ability to frequently exert enough force to move objects weighing 50 pounds or more.
- Ability to frequently move about inside and outside the work place to perform cleaning and maintenance.
- Ability to traverse short distances indoors and outdoors between work sites.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate power tools, small hand tools, operate a motor vehicle and other machinery.
- Possesses the visual acuity necessary to determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of work and to perform visual inspections of facilities and equipment for cleanliness and defects.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
- Ability to occasionally ascend and descend ladders to service and repair facilities, perform landscaping tasks, etc.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, reach or otherwise position self to maintain equipment and facilities.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to occasionally perform a variety of assignments requiring independent judgment.
- Thorough knowledge of the occupation hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned duties.
- Ability to follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to facilities.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment typical of outdoor maintenance or custodial work with occasional proximity to electrical current, exposure to moving mechanical parts, and some hazardous chemicals.
- Work is frequently performed outdoors with exposure to outside weather conditions to include heat and cold, and, humid, windy and dry conditions.
- Work includes frequent driving in normal and adverse weather conditions over improved and rough road surfaces during day and night.
- Occasionally, work requires extended hours to include early mornings, evenings, holidays and weekends.
- Work requires ability to be contacted by cell phone during or outside of regular work hours. Cell Phone stipend will be provided.
This job will require you to work in our Benson, Sierra Vista, Bisbee, Elfrida and Douglas, AZ locations.
Job Status: Full Time