Facilities Maintenance Generalist
Job Title: Facilities Maintenance Generalist
Reports To: Facilities Maintenance/Fleet Manager
Job Summary: Conducts less complex, semi-routine, well-defined trades work including general maintenance, construction and upkeep of buildings, grounds, and equipment. May be occasionally called upon to perform tasks associated with a higher level of maintenance tasks.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assists in the installation, inspection, repairs and maintenance of the electrical, plumbing, mechanical and other related systems in all CCHCI locations.
- Assists in the inspections, helps operate and maintain the heating, cooling and ventilation systems in all CCHCI
- Conducts general repairs and maintenance such as painting, patching walls, installing security hardware, hanging shelves and
- Cleans building exteriors and interiors to include cleaning floors and gathering and emptying trash manually or using industrial vacuum cleaners or
- Mixes and uses chemical ingredients for
- Drives vehicles required to perform or travel to cleaning or maintenance work, including vans, industrial trucks, or industrial vacuum
- Monitors building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and ensuring that hazards are not
- Moves heavy furniture, equipment, and
- Requisitions supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance
- Assists with the coordination of major contract work on the electrical, plumbing, mechanical and other related
- Cleans up after every project to ensure sanitary conditions are met for patients and the general public.
- May Perform Landscaping and/or Exterior Facility Maintenance Tasks.
- Cleans exteriors of buildings to include washing walls and
- Maintains parking lots, curbs, sidewalks and other walkways clear of
- Maintains all irrigation equipment to include hoses, drip irrigation and
- Maintains pruning, trimming shrubs, flower beds, replanting and watering
- Performs Construction and Renovation of CCHCI Facilities.
- Prepares, maintains, and cleans work site by clearing debris, trash, tools, equipment and other potentially hazardous
- Knows, understands and follows all safety procedures of CCHCI and all related construction related guidelines.
- Loads, unloads and handles construction materials on site or in storage.
- Assists in the mixing, pouring, and smoothing out cement in designated
- Erects, disassembles and repairs scaffolding and temporary
- Operates and maintains under supervision, power tools and heavy machinery to include saws, drills, grinders, mechanical hoists, cement mixers, and pneumatic
- Assists in the Installation of floors, ceilings, and
- Assists in the building, repairing and demolishing walls, doors and framework.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- High School Diploma or
- Two years’ experience in general maintenance or other maintenance responsibilities that would include the ability to recognize electrical, plumbing, and mechanical malfunctions or Formal education or training in related field can be substituted on a year-for year basis.
- Requires further on-the-job general and specialized maintenance training.
- Must be 21 years of age and have a current AZ driver's license to qualify under company
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to accurately comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence and communications in English in both oral and written
- Ability to frequently exert enough force to move objects weighing 50 pounds or
- Ability to frequently move about inside and outside the work place to perform
- Ability to traverse short distances indoors and outdoors between work
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate power tools, small hand tools, operate a motor vehicle and other
- Possesses the visual acuity necessary to determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of work and to perform visual inspections of facilities and equipment for cleanliness and
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken
- Ability to occasionally ascend and descend ladders to service and repair ceilings, lights,
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, reach or otherwise position self to maintain equipment and facilities, including under desks and other narrow work
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment typical of construction, maintenance or custodial work with frequent proximity to electrical current, exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, vibration, and hazardous
- The noise level in the work environment can be
- Work is occasionally performed outdoors with exposure to outside weather conditions to include heat and cold, and, humid, windy and dry
- Work requires reliable transportation as position requires frequent travel and may occasionally require extended hours to include early mornings, evenings, holidays and weekends.
- Work includes driving in normal and adverse weather conditions over improved and rough road surfaces during day and
- Work requires ability to be contacted by cell phone during or outside of regular work hours. Cell Phone stipend will be
Job Status: Full Time