Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted and/or applied in any way as necessary. Maintaining regular and punctual attendance is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provides administrative support.
- Assists administrative and leadership staff with various research projects and/or special projects.
- Provides administrative support in a variety of functions to the executive officers that are focused on increasing efficiency of the executive.
- Reviews, prioritizes, directs and delegates a wide varied of complex and confidential requests that are presented for consideration.
- Summarizes, priorities and researches information into a concise and usable format for the executive to review.
- Responds to or routes priority or confidential inquiries from external or internal sources with correspondence or other messages on behalf of the executive.
- Prepares, reviews, and edits correspondence, presentations, grant applications and other documents.
- Creates or directs creation of reports, charts, budgets and other presentation materials for the executive.
- Exercises frequent independent judgement within agreed-upon limits.
- Coordinates high level projects, travel arrangements, and meetings.
- Assists with scheduling and preparation for meetings as directed.
- Distributes mail and faxes to appropriate office personnel.
- Records, transcribes and distributes minutes of meetings.
- Greets all visitors to the administrative offices and directs patients/visitors to appropriate staff for inquiries, account payments, and resolution of any other issues.
- Accepts applications for employment and provides information to applicants such as company policies, job duties and responsibilities, working conditions, hours of operation, etc.
- Answers phone calls, responds to caller questions as able and/or transfers/directs caller to appropriate phone number. Takes messages for administrative personnel as needed.
- Runs business-related errands.
- As assigned, manages and coordinates student/resident/intern rotations. Puts together rotation schedules, and orients students when their rotation begins.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Associates Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree, preferred.
- Customer Service experience required.
- Two years of administrative experience required, five years of administrative experience preferred.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills and sensitivity.
- Driver's License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish may be required based on current staffing patterns and/or duty assignment.
- Ability to occasionally exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to occasionally move about inside the work place to access files, office machinery, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone, and other office machinery.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to gather data in an organized fashion from varied sources.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments occasionally requiring independent judgment.
- Computer literacy required with strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service by mail, telephone, and in-person.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters pertaining to human resources.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is typical of an administrative office setting with no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
- Work requires reliable transportation as position requires occasional travel.
- As needed, work may require ability to be contacted by cell phone during or outside of regular work hours. If required, Cell Phone stipend will be provided.
Job Status: Full Time